- Vijana Amani Pamoja supported by FIFA Foundation Community Programme
- Kenyan NGO educating and training young people through football
- Disease prevention and anti-corruption education among its programmes
Vijana Amani Pamoja is a Kenyan organisation that uses football as a tool to educate young people. By providing workshops and skills training, and focusing on the healthy lifestyle inherent to the sport, it seeks to improve the social integration and health of young Kenyans and better prepare them for the world of work.
Founded in 2003, this non-governmental organization centres its educational projects around the main scourges affecting Kenyan society.
In Kenya there are several diseases, such as AIDS and tuberculosis, which local health authorities are particularly equipped to tackle, and whose spread can be limited with adequate prevention. With this in mind, Vijana Amani Pamoja takes advantage of the football tournaments it organizes to offer screening for these diseases.
In the organisation’s Show Corruption ‘REDCARD’ programme, young people explore issues related to corruption and learn the skills and behaviour needed to become better citizens and lead honest lives.
It also runs a Mrembo Program, which help girls and women aged 10 to 21 from disadvantaged backgrounds to build self-confidence through sporting and educational activities.
In 2016, former England legend John Barnes visited the organisation and met some of the young people in its programmes. He used the opportunity to remind everyone: “For young people, passion and football are the same, no matter where you are in the world. The only difference is the opportunities offered to you.”
And it is precisely these opportunities that Vijana Amani Pamoja, one of the many organizations supported by the FIFA Foundation Community Programme, has been working successfully to provide for more than 15 years.
More from my site
- APEC, helping disadvantaged children in Brazil
APEC benefitting 120 children with its Bom de nota, bom de bola project
Initiative based in area of high social deprivation in Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
The FIFA Foundation […]
- FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019™ – News – Bouhaddi and Cascarino: experience and youth sharing the same dream
Sarah Bouhaddi and Delphine Cascarino have been team-mates since 2015
Les Bleues pair have hearts set on winning France 2019
Hosts will begin their campaign […]
- Obiri, Kipruto, Cheruiyot and Korir headline Kenyan challenge in Doha – IAAF Diamond League| News Four Diamond League champions from Kenya including Hellen Obiri will compete in Doha – the first leg of the 2019 IAAF Diamond League – which will be held for the first time in the […]
- 2019 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play recaps: Round of 16
Sixteen players battled Saturday morning at Austin Country Club for the chance to compete in the quarterfinals of the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play […]
- Jose Altuve Continues to Pester Yankees, Homering Twice as Astros Finish Sweep HOUSTON — Jose Altuve, the 5-foot-6 star second baseman for the Houston Astros, long ago proved that height doesn’t matter that much. He is a six-time All-Star, three-time batting champion […]
- ‘Women’s basketball needs Tennessee back in there’ KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- New Tennessee coach Kellie Harper believes it would be good for women's basketball to have the Lady Vols competing for titles again.How long that might take […]
- Mississippi St coach expects another grueling game vs ASU PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Mississippi State coach Vic Schaefer remembers the team's last meeting with Arizona State as grueling. He expects much the same when the top-seeded Bulldogs face the […]
- Ruslan Magomedov’s lifetime ban from MMA sends message to other fighters There’s never a proper time to cheer the loss of another person’s job, even when said person has failed so many anti-doping tests he receives a lifetime ban from his sport as a result.If […]
- Raptors Defeat the Nets for a 5th Straight Win; Knicks Fall to the Magic Pascal Siakam had 28 points and 10 rebounds, Kawhi Leonard added 26 points as visiting Toronto won its fifth straight with a 115-105 victory over the Nets.Serge Ibaka finished with 23 […]
- Stage is set for FIH Series Finals opening event
Stage is set for FIH Series Finals opening event
There is just one […]