Confirmation has arrived of Vladimir Samsonov’s withdrawal from the Seamaster 2019 ITTF World Tour Platinum Qatar Open, which takes place this week in Doha.
The 42-year-old reported a sprained left ankle after taking part in the Table Tennis Champions League earlier this month and will now miss the Qatar Open, which he had won twice so far in his career (in 2003 and 2015).
Having managed to cancel his participation ahead of deadline, there will be no sanction for Samsonov.
Restricted movement in his left ankle joint means that the Belarusian legend has been forecast limited physical activity for 10-14 days, as he bids to be back fit in time for the World Championships in Budapest between 21-28 April.
More from my site
- Luis Severino’s Injury Remains a Mystery. Detective Brian Cashman Is on the Case. As the Yankees try to determine how, exactly, their ace Luis Severino sustained a significant strain of his latissimus dorsi muscle while recovering from a shoulder injury, General Manager […]
- Damian McKenzie’s World Cup dream over with ACL injury Key All Blacks attacking weapon Damian McKenzie has been ruled out of rugby for the year with a knee injury, meaning new tactics may be required in their Rugby World Cup defence.Coach […]
- WNBA MVP Breanna Stewart could be out a year with possible injury Less than a month ahead of the start of the WNBA’s preseason, one of the league’s brightest stars could be out for the year with a devastating injury.Reigning 2018 MVP Breanna Stewart of […]
- England scrum-half Ben Youngs out for season with shoulder injury England scrum-half Ben Youngs will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing shoulder surgery, his club Leicester Tigers has revealed.England coach Eddie Jones has ruled himself […]
- ‘Season rolls on’ after Nurkic injury CHICAGO -- The Portland Trail Blazers are trying to regroup after losing center Jusuf Nurkic to a gruesome leg injury.The 7-footer had surgery Tuesday after suffering compound fractures to […]
- Mares cleared to begin training after eye injury Former three-division world titleholder Abner Mares got the good news he had hoped for Thursday, when his ophthalmologist cleared him to begin training again.Mares was due to challenge […]
- Concerns for Mumbai’s pace attack as Adam Milne pulls out of the IPL New Zealand fast bowler Adam Milne is understood to have pulled out of the IPL. ESPNcricinfo understands Milne, who was signed by Mumbai Indians at the IPL auction for INR 75 lakhs (USD […]
- Those Denver Upstarts Save Their Season Thanks to Jamal Murray Fortunately for Barton and the rest of the Nuggets, it was all love in the fourth quarter, thanks largely to Murray, who shot 8-for-24 in Game 1 — including a wide-open elbow jumper he […]
- Biyarslanov signs deal with Matchroom Boxing Junior welterweight Arthur Biyarslanov, Canada's only 2016 Olympic boxer and a sought-after prospect, signed a multifight deal with Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn on […]
- Michigan scores NCAA tournament-record 16 points in first half vs. Texas Tech In an NCAA tournament that has seen plenty of slow, low-scoring games, Michigan basketball might have just set the new standard.In the first 20 minutes of basketball in their game against […]