United Arab Emirates and Japan have secured their places at the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup Paraguay 2019 with semi-final wins at the 2019 AFC Beach Soccer Championship.
UAE earned a 3-2 victory over Oman with goals coming from Waleed Beshr, Abbas Ali and Hasham Muntaser, while Japan recorded an emphatic 6-0 win against Palestine.
UAE and Japan will now contest the continental final on Sunday in Pattaya, Thailand to see who will be crowned kings of Asia.
Sunday will also see the AFC’s final ticket to Paraguay punched in the match for third place when losing semi-finalists Oman and Palestine go head to head.
The FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup Paraguay 2019 kicks off on 21 November with 16 teams competing for the global prize. As well as hosts Paraguay, African sides Nigeria and Senegal have secured their berths at the tournament.
More from my site
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ – News – Paraguay appoint Eduardo Berizzo as head coach
Berizzo last coached Athletic Bilbao in 2018
It will be his first time managing a national team
His competitive debut comes at the Copa America
Eduardo Berizzo has been named the new […]
- Another distant goal, Liam Pitchford Japan bound
by Ian Marshall, Editor
He follows the likes of Hong Kong’s Wong Chun Ting and Portugal’s Tiago Apolonia who all played in the inaugural season, as did Korea Republic’s Jeoung […]
- Tokyo and Japan offer tradition, expectation to Olympic golf AP
Published 4:02 a.m. ET Feb. 25, 2019 | Updated 5:52 a.m. ET Feb. 25, 2019TOKYO (AP) — Golf returned to the Olympics three years ago in Rio de Janeiro after a 112-year […]
- Ball-tampering trio ‘stuck by each other’ – Bancroft Cameron Bancroft said that he, Steven Smith and David Warner have "stuck by each other" during their bans after the ball-tampering scandal in Newlands last year.Bancroft, who was handed a […]
- Bangladesh tour of New Zealand called off after Christchurch terror attack Bangladesh's tour of New Zealand has been called off following an attack on two Christchurch mosques, which police said involved "multiple fatalities". The Bangladesh team was en route to […]
- Kyle Busch, Daytona 500 runner-up and not happy about it
- Scanner Sounds: Brad Keselowski comes up big in Atlanta Ride shotgun with Brad Keselowski as he battled the flu to win NASCAR's second race of the year, The Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Roglic wins Tirreno-Adriatico by 1 second from Yates AP
Published 12:01 p.m. ET March 19, 2019 | Updated 1:46 p.m. ET March 19, 2019SAN BENEDETTO DEL TRONTO, Italy (AP) — Primoz Roglic of Slovenia won the Tirreno-Adriatico […]
- FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019™ – News – FIFA Women’s World Cup™ Trophy Tour kicks off in Paris
Today the global FIFA Women's World Cup™ Trophy Tour kicked off in Paris, France, with FIFA Legends Kristine Lilly and Laura Georges sending the trophy off on its whirlwind world […]
- Tom Blundell called up for Christchurch Test as cover Wellington wicketkeeper Tom Blundell has been called up to the New Zealand squad as cover for BJ Watling for the third Test against Bangladesh at Hagley Oval. Watling and captain Kane […]