Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade returned to the floor after a nasty fall against the visiting Milwaukee Bucks on Friday night.
Wade suffered a bruised right hip on a drive to the basket late in the third quarter. The veteran went up hard for a contested layup, making contact with the Bucks’ Pat Connaughton in midair and then tumbling to the court, unable to break the fall.
Wade remained on the court, writhing in pain, before needing help from several teammates to get back on his feet. The 37-year-old immediately went to the Heat locker room, but was able to walk there under his own power.
Wade returned midway through the fourth quarter.
Set to retire at the end of the season, Wade was questionable for Friday night’s game due to a bruised right elbow, but coach Erik Spoelstra gave him the nod to play before the game.
The Heat, winners of five of their past six, are holding onto the No. 8 spot in the Eastern Conference playoff picture.
Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon left the game earlier and did not return with right heel soreness.
More from my site
- DAZN—Ten Bucks, Gone in a Flash We as boxing fans and loyalists can either act disappointed or perhaps let down, yet certainly not shocked…
- Bucks, Kings hold event to combat social injustice SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Nearly a year after police fatally shot an unarmed black man in Sacramento and a series of protests ensued in California's capital, the Kings and Milwaukee Bucks […]
- Mares cleared to begin training after eye injury Former three-division world titleholder Abner Mares got the good news he had hoped for Thursday, when his ophthalmologist cleared him to begin training again.Mares was due to challenge […]
- Bertens, Pliskova anticipate upcoming clay court swing after Miami Open MIAMI, FL, USA - The Miami Open is the last major hardcourt tournament for the next five months, and a several top seeds eagerly await the change in pace.GALLERY: Miami Magic! A decade of […]
- NASCAR Power Rankings after Auto Club Welcome back to Power Rankings for the 2019 Cup Series season. We’re never going to cut horsepower here.1. Kyle Busch (LW: 1)Did you really think anyone else was going to be in this spot? […]
- Egan Bernal wins Paris-Nice race after lively final stage Share This Story!Let friends in your social network know what you are reading aboutEgan Bernal wins Paris-Nice race after lively final stageTeam Sky rider Egan Bernal won the Paris-Nice […]
- Bangladesh tour of New Zealand called off after Christchurch terror attack Bangladesh's tour of New Zealand has been called off following an attack on two Christchurch mosques, which police said involved "multiple fatalities". The Bangladesh team was en route to […]
- Championship point for fastest race lap returns to Formula 1
Starting from this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix, one point will be awarded to the driver who achieves the fastest lap in a race, provided that driver is also classified in […]
- Welcome to FIFA.com News – Zidane returns as coach of Real Madrid
Real Madrid released statement revealing Zidane as new coach
Santiago Solari's contract has been terminated
The Frenchman signed a contract until 30 June 2022
Just nine months after […]
- George fined $25K for ripping refs after Clips loss Oklahoma City star forward Paul George has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for criticizing the officiating after the Thunder's 118-110 loss to the LA Clippers on Friday night."It's just bad […]