For the third week to start the season, NASCAR America’s “Turning Point” examined what happened on pit road.
This time it involved Kyle Busch.
The moment came on Lap 129 when Busch pit from the lead. In the process he locked up his brakes and was caught speeding.
Busch returned to the track a lap down in 24th.
While Busch quickly returned to the lead lap and eventually the top 10, he managed to only finish third as Joey Logano beat Brad Keselowski for the win.
The Joe Gibbs Racing driver attributed part his issue to a new brake package.
“These teams they’re so smart,” Dale Jarrett said. “Whether it was Daytona in trying to use the smaller brake package and things like that, I’m sure that’s something they were looking at, just trying to make every effort that they can to make these cars faster. It’s something as a driver that he hadn’t really had that situation before and tried to get a little bit too much in that situation.”
Busch’s miscue opened the door for Logano’s win.
Watch the above video more, including a discussion on Logano’s battles with Kevin Harvick and Keselowski.
More from my site
- Harvick earns Vegas pole after Bowman, Elliott start late LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Kevin Harvick won the pole at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the first time in his 19-year NASCAR Cup Series career.Harvick turned a lap in 29.914 seconds Friday in his […]
- NASCAR Power Rankings after Auto Club Welcome back to Power Rankings for the 2019 Cup Series season. We’re never going to cut horsepower here.1. Kyle Busch (LW: 1)Did you really think anyone else was going to be in this spot? […]
- England end Australia’s crack at Las Vegas 7s Australia's latest rugby sevens assignment has ended in disappointment with back-to-back losses leaving them to languish seventh in the latest round of the world series in Las Vegas.After […]
- Championship point for fastest race lap returns to Formula 1
Starting from this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix, one point will be awarded to the driver who achieves the fastest lap in a race, provided that driver is also classified in […]
- Golubic saves match point, beats Brady to win Indian Wells 125K title INDIAN WELLS, CA, USA -- No.14 seed Viktorija Golubic of Switzerland pulled off a stunning comeback victory in the final of the Oracle Challenger Series Indian Wells, a WTA 125K Series […]
- Cowboys’ Jones lauds Witten as coach-in-waiting INDIANAPOLIS -- Jason Witten is returning to play his 16th season with the Dallas Cowboys, but owner and general manager Jerry Jones said the tight end can be viewed as a […]
- Titles defended, eyes focus on Italian trio
by Ian Marshall, Editor
Last year, the men’s singles class 9 champion, Mohamed Amine Kalem, could well draw swords with familiar opponents; Ukraine’s Lev Kats, the player the […]
- Aussie rookie Zach Murray warms up in pro shop, shoots 63 to lead NZ Open
ARROWTOWN, New Zealand – Australian rookie Zach Murray shot an 8-under 63, the best round of his fledgling professional career, to share the first-round lead […]
- Flyers set NHL record by using eighth goalie 9:22 PM ETAssociated Press FacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintNEWARK, N.J. -- The Philadelphia Flyers set an NHL record when Cam Talbot became the eighth goaltender to […]
- Miami 2019: Tuesday’s Order of Play and Match Points GRANDSTAND -- 12:00 noon startAndrea PETKOVIC (GER) vs Amanda ANISIMOVA (USA) [WC] WANG Xiyu (CHN) vs Monica PUIG (PUR) Evgeniya RODINA (RUS) vs Samantha STOSUR (AUS) [WC] Whitney OSUIGWE […]