McWicked is harness racing’s Horse of the Year, and the oldest pacer to capture the sport’s highest honor.
The 7-year-old won 12 of 19 races in 2018 to earn $1.57 million for SSG Stables. Casie Coleman is the trainer and Brian Sears was the primary driver.
McWicked easily outpoled the pacing mare Shartin N 86-27 in the voting by members of the U.S. Harness Writers Association.
The previous oldest pacer to take the trophy was Good Time, who was 6 in 1952.
McWicked also took home Pacer of the Year honors Sunday night at the annual Dan Patch Awards banquet.
Atlanta, the 3-year-old filly who beat the boys in the Hambletonian, was named Trotter of the Year.
More from my site
- Santa Anita suspends races after 21st horse dies ARCADIA, Calif. -- Santa Anita has suspended racing indefinitely after the 21st horse death at the storied Southern California racetrack since the winter meet began on Dec. 26, track […]
- Racing at Santa Anita to resume in ‘near future’ ARCADIA, Calif. -- Training resumed on Santa Anita's main dirt track Monday, with horses limited to jogging and galloping while the surface is monitored for any irregularities that may […]
- Santa Anita set to resume racing March 29 ARCADIA, Calif. -- Santa Anita plans to resume racing on March 29, pending approval of new safety and medication rules by the California Horse Racing Board.Racing has been suspended at the […]
- Racing fans head to Fontana for NASCAR weekend Racing fans are heading to Fontana, where a big NASCAR event is revving up during the windy race weekend.
- Robinson Cano Is Getting a Fresh Start, as the Mets’ Oldest Player PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — Robinson Cano adjusted his neon orange batting gloves, strapped blue protective guards around his right shin and elbow, then took a step toward home plate to face […]
- Twins tap All-Star Berrios to start on opening day FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Jose Berrios will be Minnesota's Opening Day starter, the first such assignment for the 24-year-old right-hander.Twins manager Rocco Baldelli announced the decision to […]
- IFSC President Meets BMC President at the CWIF 2019 On the occasion of the CWIF (Climbing Works International Festival) 2019, one of the UK’s top Bouldering competitions which sees international Athletes go head to head with members of the […]
- IBSF President visit to Turkey
The IBSF President, Mr. Mubarak Al-Khayarin visited Antalya in Turkey during the World Carom Cup 2019.
Mr. Mubarak was invited by Union […]
- John Archibald disappointed with track world championships debut
HUUB-Wattbike rider only qualifies in seventh place in the men's individual pursuit as Team Sky's Filippo Ganna sets a new fastest time at sea level. […]
- Ohio State men’s basketball valuable win over No. 22 Iowa 90-70
While it might not have been an absolute must-win game for the Ohio State Buckeyes (18-10, 8-9), knocking off the No. 22 Iowa Hawkeyes (21-7, 10-7) 90-70 at Value City Arena on Tuesday […]