ARCADIA, Calif. — Triple Crown-winning jockey Victor Espinoza says doctors have cleared him to resume his Hall of Fame riding career.
Espinoza exercised two horses at Santa Anita on Sunday. He has been sidelined since breaking a vertebra in his neck and injuring his left shoulder and arm in a training accident at Del Mar in July.
The 46-year-old jockey says now that doctors have signed off, it’s up to him to decide when he’s fit and ready to ride.
Brian Beach, Espinoza’s agent, says after getting opinions from three doctors, he expects Espinoza to return in mid-February.
More from my site
- N.B.A. Trade Deadline: Anthony Davis Stays Put as East Powers Jockey Late Thursday, Pelicans General Manager Dell Demps confirmed that Davis would continue playing for the team rather than be held out to guard against serious injury in advance of the trade […]
- Sestini Hlavackova announces pregnancy, keeping WTA comeback options open "I have no concrete plans to come back to tennis right away, but I will definitely keep my options open. I've taken a protected ranking and will freeze it for as long as I can so I might […]
- ‘Best thing that happened in my career’ D’Angelo Russell is an All-Star.Bypassed by the Los Angeles Lakers for a newer model after being the No. 2 selection in the 2015 draft, Russell has found his niche in a career year for the […]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ – News – Osorio hands in Paraguay reins
Juan Carlos Osorio exits as Paraguay coach
Colombian sights family reasons for departure
Copa America four months away
Juan Carlos Osorio’s short tenure as Paraguay coach has come to an […]
- Tobe tops 2.35m Japanese record in Karlsruhe| News Naoto Tobe’s shock 2.35m clearance in the high jump highlighted the Indoor Meeting Karlsruhe on Saturday (2), the second stop on the 2019 IAAF World Indoor Tour.
Competing before a […]
- Hamidou Diallo’s Dunk Is Even Better Viewed Frame by Frame The 2019 slam dunk contest at the N.B.A.’s All-Star weekend involved several props, but it was Hamidou Diallo’s decision to abandon one that created the dunk that everyone will remember […]
- Yale’s Nathan Chen leads after short program DETROIT – A Yale freshman is leading the U.S. men’s national figure skating championships.Juggling a full course load in his first semester in the Ivy League with lonely training sessions […]
- Williams talks junior day, new commits, OL targets, more Canton (Ga.) Creekview four-star offensive tackle John Williams was among the Clemson commits that attended the Tigers’ elite junior day event this past weekend.
Williams (6-5, 270) helped […]
- IFSC President and Head of Olympic Coordination Travel to Tokyo to Prepare for Tokyo 2020 With only a year to go until the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, IFSC President Marco Maria Scolaris, Vice-President Sport/Events Kobinata Toru and Head of Olympic Coordination Jérôme Meyer […]
- Champions Australia to start T20 World Cup against India Australia will begin the defence of their T20 World Cup title against India and also face Trans-Tasman rivals New Zealand in a tournament hoping to conclude with a record crowd for a […]