SAN ANTONIO — With the schedule intensifying, Spurs forward Rudy Gay will not play Monday and could miss additional time due to a sprained left wrist, coach Gregg Popovich said.
Popovich said Gay, who was injured in Saturday’s win over the LA Clippers, would not play Monday against the Boston Celtics. He did not provide a timetable for his potential return.
“I don’t know,” Popovich said when asked when Gay might be back in the lineup. “I just know he’s not there tonight. Right now, that’s all that matters.”
Jakob Poeltl will start in Gay’s place against the Celtics, Popovich said.
Gay, who is averaging 13.7 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 30 starts this season, entered the locker room Monday with a black brace on his left wrist.
He said the injury happened when he fell on the wrist during Saturday’s game against the Clippers, but he “didn’t really feel it until after the game” and that he “couldn’t even move it.”
More from my site
- Boston Red Sox to visit White House February 15 The World Series champion Boston Red Sox are scheduled to visit the White House on Feb. 15, team president Sam Kennedy told the Boston Globe.With no one to cook a feast because of the […]
- LaMarcus Aldridge Scores 56 as the Spurs and the Thunder Fill Up the Scorebook Two top N.B.A. teams battling into double overtime. Memorable individual performances. And points, points, points. Thursday night’s game between the San Antonio Spurs and the Oklahoma City […]
- Injured Angelo Mathews almost certain to miss Australia tour Angelo Mathews has been ruled out of the limited-overs leg of the New Zealand tour, and will almost certainly miss Sri Lanka's two Tests in Australia as well early next year, after scans […]
- David Backes of Boston Bruins suspended three games NEW YORK -- The NHL has suspended Boston Bruins forward David Backes three games without pay for an illegal hit to the head of New Jersey Devils forward Blake Coleman.The league considered […]
- Patrice Bergeron of Boston Bruins scores twice in return, including No. 300 BOSTON -- Patrice Bergeron explained to his teammates they should be thankful anytime they're able to play.And they should be even more grateful he's back with them.Bergeron scored two […]
- Manny Machado meets with New York Yankees NEW YORK -- Manny Machado's free-agent tour continued Wednesday afternoon when he made a stop at Yankee Stadium to meet with the second of his three suitors, the New York Yankees.He first […]
- Billie Jean King lands among BBC ‘Icons’ in vote for century’s greatest WTA Legend and founder Billie Jean King is among the most influential people of the 20th century according to the BBC. In a new series called "Icons," set to debut in the new year on Jan. […]
- Jockey Victor Espinoza exercising horses after training accident ARCADIA, Calif. -- Hall of Fame jockey Victor Espinoza has returned to exercising horses at Santa Anita for the first time since being seriously injured in a training accident last […]
- How does your team measure up? NFL grades and offseason questions – NFL Nation NFL Nation reporters grade the seasons for every team out of the running for Super Bowl LIII and look ahead to looming offseason questions. Click the links after each team to view the full […]
- Premier Badminton League 2018-19: Dominant wins for Pune Aces, NE Warriors in PBL
Despite Olympic champion Carolina Marin taking a backseat, Pune 7 Aces hit the front by pocketing the women’s singles and men’s doubles against Mumbai Rockets in the opening tie of the […]