DETROIT — The Detroit Red Wings have agreed to a two-year, $6.6 million contract with Anthony Mantha.
The Red Wings announced the move with the restricted free agent Wednesday, keeping the 23-year-old wing after he led the team with 24 goals last season.
Mantha had 48 points in 80 games last season. He has 43 goals and 44 assists in two-plus seasons with the Red Wings. Detroit drafted him 20th overall in 2013.
The Red Wings re-signed restricted free agent Andreas Athanasiou last year with a two-year contract.
Their next task is completing negotiations with restricted free agent Dylan Larkin on a multiyear contract.
More from my site
- Detroit Red Wings re-sign Andreas Athanasiou DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings have re-signed left wing Andreas Athanasiou to a two-year contract.The 23-year-old Athanasiou set career highs with 17 assists and 33 points in 71 games […]
- Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson agree to new contract The Washington Capitals and John Carlson agreed to a new eight-year, $64 million contract, the team announced Sunday.Carlson set career highs with 15 goals and 53 assists in 2017-18 as […]
- Carmelo Anthony Is Not Planning to Opt Out of His Thunder Contract Carmelo Anthony does not intend to opt out of his current contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to a person familiar with Anthony’s decision.Anthony has until Saturday at […]
- Detroit Red Wings’ draft spot has produced boosts and busts CLOSE
Looking back at the players the Detroit Red Wings have drafted in the top 10 since 1983. Video by Ryan Ford/DFP
WochitColorado Avalanche center Peter Forsberg of Sweden […]
- Deontay Wilder is ready to sign a contract to face Anthony Joshua Heavyweight world titleholder Deontay Wilder is ready to sign a contract to face unified titlist Anthony Joshua for the undisputed championship this fall provided there are what co-manager […]
- Anthony Joshua and Alexander Povetkin agree to anti-doping programme Jul 1, 2018ESPN staffAnthony Joshua and Alexander Povetkin have agreed to an anti-doping program as their camps move closer to finalising a deal for a heavyweight world title fight.The […]
- Detroit Red Wings in free agency: How have recent signings panned out? The Detroit Red Wings made a bit of a splash in free agency, re-signing defenseman Mike Green, locking up restricted free agent forward Andreas Athanasiou and signing forward Thomas Vanek […]
- Laken Tomlinson, San Francisco 49ers agree to contract extension SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers signed guard Laken Tomlinson to a three-year contract extension on Friday that could keep him with the team through the 2021 season.Tomlinson […]
- Florida Panthers agree to terms with Alexander Petrovic on $1.95M, 1-year deal SUNRISE, Fla. -- The Florida Panthers have agreed to terms with defenseman Alexander Petrovic on a $1.95 million, one-year deal.General manager Dale Tallon announced the contract Friday. […]
- DE Danielle Hunter, Minnesota Vikings agree to extension Defensive end Danielle Hunter agreed to a contract extension with the Minnesota Vikings on Wednesday, the team announced.Hunter, 23, was entering the final year of his contract with a base […]