SPIELBERG, Austria — Ducati rider Jorge Lorenzo edged MotoGP champion Marc Marquez to win the Austrian Grand Prix on Sunday.
After swapping the lead several times during the race, Marquez overtook Lorenzo again on the final lap but slowed after slipping on his Honda and ultimately finished 0.130 seconds behind in second.
Lorenzo’s teammate Andrea Dovizioso, who won last year, finished third as Ducati retained its unbeaten record on the course since the Austrian MotoGP returned to the calendar in 2016.
Chasing his fifth riders’ championship, Marquez stretched his lead over Yamaha’s Valentino Rossi to 59 points. The Italian finished sixth after starting the race in 14th.
After his third win of the season, Lorenzo climbed to third in the standings, trailing Marquez by 71 points.
More from my site
- As it happened – PV Sindhu beats Akane Yamaguchi to enter second consecutive World Championship final Aug 4, 2018ESPN staffPV Sindhu beat Akane Yamaguchi 21-16, 24-22 to reach her second consecutive World Championship final, where she will now face Spain's Carolina Marin in a repeat of the […]
- Arizona football: Wildcats expect to take full advantage of new redshirt rule
The Arizona Wildcats list 23 true freshmen on their 2018 football roster, 16 of which were part of their most recent recruiting class. The others are invited walk-ons, players who under […]
- ‘Nervous’ de Kock gets opportunity to show he could be next Quinton de Kock does not immediately come across as a leader or a deep thinker or anything other than incredibly instinctive. However, it is that natural cricketing nous that has seen him […]
- Shaquem Griffin of Seattle Seahawks has game-high nine tackles in preseason debut against Indianapolis Colts 3:46 AM ETBrady HendersonESPN SEATTLE -- Seattle Seahawks rookie linebacker Shaquem Griffin got some simple advice from teammate Bobby Wagner before his first NFL game."Don't worry about […]
- Phil Mickelson misses cut at PGA Championship, fails to automatically qualify for Ryder Cup ST. LOUIS -- Phil Mickelson missed the cut at the PGA Championship on Saturday, ending his streak of 11 consecutive U.S. Ryder Cup teams in which he qualified via the points […]
- 2018 PGA Championship: Big Week For U.S. Ryder Cup Hopefuls ST. LOUIS – Jim Furyk won’t just be focused on his own score this week at the PGA Championship.
He’ll also pay attention to the positions of all of his Ryder Cup team […]
- Teams confirmed for Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games
Teams confirmed for Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games
- Ian Cockbain’s blistering century keeps quarter-final quest on track Gloucestershire 242 for 4 (Cockbain 123, Klinger 44) beat Middlesex 172 for 6 (Eskinazi 51, Noema-Barnett 3-18) by 70 runsScorecardIan Cockbain hit his maiden T20 century and the second […]
- Throwback scheme revealed for Bill Elliott’s NASCAR return To hear the 62-year-old tell it, he’s not even sure how he wound up in this position in the first place.Elliott will pilot the No. 23 Chevrolet for GMS Racing in the Xfinity Series event […]
- New year, same story: Major injury threatens Redskins offense – Washington Redskins Blog It’s almost as if the 2017 season never ended. The Washington Redskins dealt with serious injury after serious injury a year ago. And after their first preseason game, they had to deal […]