The NBA Finals ended over two months ago with fans now hotly anticipating the start of the new season.
Several teams have made major changes to their roster in an attempt to build on their championship chances with the Warriors adding All-Star DeMarcus Cousins.
LeBron James has ended his 15-year stay in the Eastern Conference by joining the Los Angeles Lakers while Kawhi Leonard left the San Antonio Spurs for the Toronto Raptors.
The Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers didn’t do many moves in the summer, mainly bringing back players from last season to build on their young roster.
The Warriors enter the season as favourites once again but with James now out of the East, it looks likely there will be a team other than the Cleveland Cavaliers representing the Eastern Conference in the Finals.
The league released the full schedule for the new season this week and you can find out all the key dates below.
When does the 2018/19 NBA season start?
The NBA released the full schedule for the new season this week with fans now able to pencil in dates to watch their favourite team.
Pre-season gets underway next month on September on 28 with at least one game a night until October 12.
But the real action gets underway on Tuesday October 16 with the season concluding on April 10 2019.
Who is playing on opening night for the NBA season?
There are two blockbuster matches to kick-off the 2018/19 season on Tuesday October 16.
The first game of the evening sees a repeat of the Eastern Conference playoff semi-final match-up between the Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics at 8pm (1am BST).
Many are expecting that to be a preview of a potential Eastern Conference Finals match-up next year.
That will be followed by another cracker from the Western Conference, with the Golden State Warriors beginning the defence of their title against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Other key NBA dates
Christmas Day fixtures
Milwaukee Bucks vs New York Knicks 12pm ET (4pm GMT)
Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets 3pm ET (7pm GMT)
Philadelphia 76ers vs Boston Celtics 5:30pm ET (9:30pm GMT)
Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors 8pm ET (12am GMT)
Portland Trail Blazers vs Utah Jazz 10:30pm ET (2:30am GMT)
Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Jan 21, 2019)
New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies 5:30pm ET (9:30pm GMT)
Houston Rockets vs Philadelphia 76ers 8pm ET (2am GMT)
Golden State Warriors vs Los Angeles Lakers 10:30pm ET (2:30am GMT)
More from my site
- NBA releases Christmas Day, opening week schedule LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers will face the defending champion Golden State Warriors on Christmas Day, and James' first regular-season game in Los Angeles will be against the Houston […]
- Daniel Sorensen of Kansas City Chiefs to miss start of season after injuring knee ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs, who weren't deep at safety to begin with, will not have starter Daniel Sorensen when the regular season begins. Sorensen, who injured a knee at […]
- Golden State Warriors top all teams with an over/under of 62.5 for 2018-19 season Aug 6, 2018Ben FawkesESPN Staff Writer CloseRuns day-to-day editorial operations at Chalk, ESPN.com's gambling section
Joined ESPN in 2010Follow on TwitterFacebookTwitterFacebook […]
- Best of the NBA’s opening week, Christmas Day and MLK Day schedule release The NBA has unveiled its opening week, Christmas and MLK Day schedules for the 2018-19 season. Our panel of experts breaks down the key matchups and storylines surrounding some of the […]
- Seguin’s future; Pacioretty on ‘horrible’ season Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at [email protected]• Jamie Benn and Snoop Dogg are now […]
- Fans to get free beer with Cleveland Browns first victory this season There will be a celebration on tap when the Cleveland Browns win their first regular-season game: Fans will get free beer.Browns' fans were only crying in their beer last season. Photo by […]
- Time To Slash The Season To 24 Races, NASCAR
Cars race during the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race on Aug. 12 at Brooklyn, Mich. (Photo by Jerry Markland/Getty Images)
Except for that little deal with […]
- Los Angeles Angels start Mike Trout, already on DL, leaves club for family matter Los Angeles Angels star Mike Trout is away from the club for a family matter and might not be available Thursday, when he is scheduled to come off the disabled list, the team […]
- NBC Unveils Revamped, Wider-Ranging NHL Schedule for 2018-19 Season NBC released its NHL schedule for the 2018-19 regular season, and it’s packed with a whole lot of hockey.The network will air 109 games, its most since acquiring the league’s rights in […]
- NBA schedule 2018-19 top games: The best matchups after opening week and before Christmas
The NBA released its full schedule Friday, and let me tell you something: That first week is going to be nuts. […]