Six teams will be docked practice time in Saturday’s first practice session, and one team will lose time in the final practice session at Michigan International Speedway, NASCAR announced.
Martin Truex Jr. will lose 15 minutes of practice in the first session for being late to pre-race inspection last weekend at Watkins Glen.
Kyle Busch, Daniel Suarez and Ryan Newman each will lose 15 minutes in the first practice Saturday because they didn’t come to a complete stop in the inner loop during last weekend’s practice at Watkins Glen.
Bubba Wallace and BJ McLeod will miss 15 minutes in the first practice Saturday because their cars were late to pre-qualifying inspection Friday at Michigan.
First Cup practice Saturday is from 8:35 – 9:25 a.m. ET on CNBC.
Michael McDowell will be docked 15 minutes of the final practice Saturday because his car failed pre-qualifying inspection twice Friday at Michigan.
Final Cup practice Saturday is from 11:30 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. ET on the NBC Sports App and online.
More from my site
- Elliott spins in final practice at Michigan Chase Elliott goes for a spin off of Turn 4 during final practice at Michigan International Speedway.
- NASCAR America at 5 p.m. ET: Michigan recap Today’s episode of NASCAR America airs from 5-6 p.m. on NBCSN and reviews what all happened over the weekend at Michigan International Speedway.Carolyn Manno hosts with Kyle Petty and […]
- NASCAR at Michigan results, standings: Kevin Harvick wins seventh race of the season
Kevin Harvick won his series-leading seventh race of the season Sunday at Michigan International Speedway in […]
- NASCAR’s Big 3 running strong entering Michigan race
NASCAR's Big 3 has essentially lapped the competition.
Martin Truex Jr.
have combined to win 16 of 22 races and haven't […]
- Friday’s schedule for NASCAR at Michigan, Mid-Ohio NASCAR’s race weekend begins today in two different locations.Cup and Camping World Truck Series practice in Michigan, and Xfinity teams practice at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.Cup […]
- NASCAR Cup Series at Michigan starting lineup breakdown 8:37 PM ETBob PockrassNASCAR Close• NASCAR writer for ESPN.com• 2009, 2013 NMPA Writer of the Year• More than 25 years experience covering motorsportsBROOKLYN, Mich. -- Chase Elliott has […]
- NASCAR’s ‘Young Elvis’ is more comfortable with the mic at Michigan BROOKLYN, Mich. – He’s officially a Cup Series winner, but Chase Elliott is rebuffing attempts to be crowned as greatness yet.Particularly as it relates to Elvis Presley comparison that […]
- Harvick’s Michigan-win NASCAR Cup car used in windtunnel tests Kevin Harvick's Michigan race-winning Stewart-Haas Racing Ford is one of six NASCAR Cup series cars being used by the series to help inform its 2019 specification tests.Harvick's machine […]
- NASCAR at Michigan 2018 Vegas picks and predictions: Fade Ryan Blaney, back Brad Keselowski in Consumers Energy 400
Denny Hamlin earned the pole for NASCAR at Michigan 2018 on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. ET. The 2018 Consumers […]
- NASCAR at Michigan 2018 Vegas picks and predictions: Fade Martin Truex Jr., back Brad Keselowski in Consumers Energy 400
NASCAR returns to Michigan International Speedway for the second time this season, with the green flag […]