DENVER — Colorado Rockies All-Star third baseman Nolan Arenado left Friday night’s 5-4 win against the Los Angeles Dodgers in the top of the fifth inning with a sore right shoulder.
Arenado, who has been bothered by a sore shoulder for a week, said he tweaked it while turning a double play in the third inning. He was covering second base on a play that was scored 3-5-3.
“After it, I had trouble throwing,” said Arenado, who said he hopes to be back in the lineup Saturday. “It hurt too much to let it fly after that.”
Arenado was 0-for-2 against Dodgers starter Kenta Maeda. He is hitting .307 this season with 29 homers and 82 RBIs.
Ryan McMahon replaced Arenado at third base and hit his first homer since June 20.
“It was Mac’s night to give us a big swing,” Rockies manager Bud Black said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
More from my site
- Nolan Arenado of Colorado Rockies not in starting lineup against Los Angeles Dodgers DENVER -- Colorado third baseman Nolan Arenado was held out of the starting lineup Saturday night against the Los Angeles Dodgers because of a right shoulder strain, though the Rockies […]
- Dodgers vs. Rockies – Game Recap – August 12, 2018 DENVER -- Chris Iannetta flung the bat aside as if he got all of the pitch.In a way, he did -- a walk's just as good as a hit, particularly with the bases loaded in the ninth.Iannetta […]
- Oakland Raiders’ Donald Penn activated off PUP, moved to right tackle NAPA, Calif. -- The day after agreeing to a restructured contract, three-time Pro Bowl left tackle Donald Penn was activated from the physically unable to perform list and moved to a new […]
- Gleison Tibau Exits the UFC After 28 Fights and More than a Decade After more than a decade on the roster, Gleison Tibau is parting ways with the UFC.The 35-year-old Brazilian has called the Octagon home for nearly twelve years and 28 bouts, but after […]
- CC Sabathia of New York Yankees placed on 10-day disabled list with right knee inflammation NEW YORK -- The Yankees placed starting pitcher CC Sabathia on the 10-day disabled list Monday with right knee inflammation.The move comes one day after Sabathia threw a six-inning […]
- Los Angeles Angels OF Mike Trout placed on DL with right wrist inflammation Los Angeles Angels outfielder Mike Trout has been placed on the 10-day disabled list with right wrist inflammation, the team announced.Trout hasn't played since Aug. 1, when he hurt his […]
- Adam Jones moving to right field, Baltimore Orioles call up Cedric Mullins BALTIMORE -- The reshaping of the Baltimore Orioles took another significant turn Friday when longtime center fielder Adam Jones was moved to right field to make room for rookie Cedric […]
- George Groves confident shoulder will hold ahead of Callum Smith bout 5:21 AM ETNick ParkinsonClose•Reports on boxing for ESPN.co.uk, as well as several national newspapers•Has been reporting on British boxing for over 15 years•Appears on BoxNation's Boxing […]
- Derek Jeter says Miami Marlins ‘have a ways to go’ but headed in right direction MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins were 21 games under .500 and playing before another small crowd as Derek Jeter spoke in the fifth inning Wednesday night, so he didn't sugarcoat the state of the […]
- FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018 – News – Germany finding right blend of youth and experience
Stefanie Sanders is one of Germany's most experienced players
Lena Oberdorf is the youngest member of the squad
Coach Maren Meinert seems to have found the right blend of youth and […]