Guyana Amazon Warriors fast bowler Sohail Tanvir has been fined 15% of his match fee for making an obscene gesture during his team’s home game against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots on Thursday. Tanvir accepted the sanction handed to him by match referee Denavon Hayles.
The incident occurred during the 17th over of the Patriots innings, when Tanvir dismissed Australian Ben Cutting with a yorker that crashed into the middle stump. As Cutting began walking back, Tanvir showed him a double-middle finger, with Cutting’s back turned to him. One ball before the dismissal, Tanvir had been dispatched for a six over long-on by Cutting.
Tanvir finished his spell with 1 for 24 in four overs, which was instrumental in restricting the Patriots to 146 for 5, before the Warriors ran down the target in 16.3 overs, with six wickets in hand. Tanvir was the highest wicket-taker in the previous season, and was subsequently retained by the Warriors, for the maximum price of US$160,000.
More from my site
- Baylor has to learn how to win after progress under Rhule Baylor made a lot of progress in coach Matt Rhule's first season despite that 1-11 record.''We're tackling issues and tackling character development. We're mentoring, developing, educating […]
- Kasey Kahne to retire from full-time NASCAR racing after 2018 season
Kasey Kahne took to social media on Thursday to announce that 2018 would be his last season as a […]
- NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne retiring after 15 Cup seasons Associated Press
Published 11:42 a.m. ET Aug. 16, 2018
Kasey Kahne(Photo: Michael Reaves, Getty Images)Concord, N.C. – NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne says he is retiring […]
- Duke guard Alex O’Connell hospitalized after fracturing orbital bone Alex O’Connell was taken to the hospital following an eye injury that he suffered early on in Duke’s exhibition win over Ryerson in Toronto on Wednesday night. On Thursday, Duke announced […]
- Travis Frederick of Dallas Cowboys sees specialist, told neck OK after suffering stingers OXNARD, Calif. -- After suffering a number of stingers in practice the past few days, Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl center Travis Frederick sought out neck and spine specialist Dr. Robert […]
- Ronald Acuna Jr.’s Home Run Streak on Hold After Beanball Ronald Acuna Jr. of the Atlanta Braves appeared to be a victim of one of baseball’s many unwritten rules on Monday, but thanks to one of the written rules his record-setting home run […]
- Ethiopian runner Feyisa Lilesa exiled after Rio Olympics invited home AP
Published 4:10 p.m. ET Aug. 15, 2018 | Updated 4:16 p.m. ET Aug. 15, 2018Feyisa Lilesa (ETH) holds up an X gesture as he crosses the finish line in the men's […]
- Ben Te’o admits worrying about rugby future after injury nightmare England centre Ben Te'o has admitted he wasn't sure if he would return to rugby following his latest battle with injury.The 31-year-old missed England's summer tour of South Africa due to […]
- MLB — Cubs can’t escape script of crushing losses after epic wins CHICAGO -- They say momentum in baseball is the next day's starting pitcher. That notion fits the Chicago Cubs this season like a glove, as they've seemingly followed their biggest wins […]
- Ben Roethlisberger of Pittsburgh Steelers in concussion protocol after sustaining hit in practice PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in the concussion protocol after sustaining a hit early in Tuesday's practice.Coach Mike Tomlin said in a statement that […]