Los Angeles Angels outfielder Mike Trout has been placed on the 10-day disabled list with right wrist inflammation, the team announced.
Trout hasn’t played since Aug. 1, when he hurt his wrist during a feet-first slide into third base in Tampa Bay. The Angels said the DL move was retroactive to Monday.
Trout had a cortisone injection in his wrist Monday.
This is the second-longest injury absence of Trout’s seven full big league seasons, surpassed only by his 39-game absence last season after he tore a ligament in his left thumb on a headfirst slide.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
More from my site
- Los Angeles Angels start Mike Trout, already on DL, leaves club for family matter Los Angeles Angels star Mike Trout is away from the club for a family matter and might not be available Thursday, when he is scheduled to come off the disabled list, the team […]
- CC Sabathia of New York Yankees placed on 10-day disabled list with right knee inflammation NEW YORK -- The Yankees placed starting pitcher CC Sabathia on the 10-day disabled list Monday with right knee inflammation.The move comes one day after Sabathia threw a six-inning […]
- Shohei Ohtani of Los Angeles Angels to throw bullpen session Saturday ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Los Angeles Angels rookie Shohei Ohtani will throw a bullpen session Saturday in the latest significant step in the two-way sensation's return to the mound.Angels […]
- Los Angeles Dodgers’ Yasiel Puig, San Francisco Giants’ Nick Hundley ejected after scuffle LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig took a swing at San Francisco Giants catcher Nick Hundley, and both players were ejected after a benches-clearing scrap in the […]
- Kyle Kuzma of Los Angeles Lakers says team is being underestimated FLINT, Mich. -- Kyle Kuzma is excited about the Los Angeles Lakers' new additions and believes many are "underestimating" what the Lakers are capable of this season.Kuzma said he has […]
- Oakland Raiders’ Donald Penn activated off PUP, moved to right tackle NAPA, Calif. -- The day after agreeing to a restructured contract, three-time Pro Bowl left tackle Donald Penn was activated from the physically unable to perform list and moved to a new […]
- Los Angeles Dodgers’ Brian Dozier has abnormal EKG according to manager Dave Roberts Los Angeles Dodgers second baseman Brian Dozier will undergo tests on his heart after an EKG late Monday showed abnormal results.From Nolan Ryan to King Felix to, well, more Nolan Ryan, we […]
- It’s Los Angeles Kings day at PHT Each day in the month of August we’ll be examining a different NHL team — from looking back at last season to discussing a player under pressure to focusing on a player coming off a […]
- Kenta Maeda, Ross Stripling of Los Angeles Dodgers sent to bullpen, opening rotation spot for Hyun-Jin Ryu Hyun-Jin Ryu's return to the Los Angeles Dodgers' rotation will send Kenta Maeda and Ross Stripling to the bullpen.Manager Dave Roberts announced Sunday that Ryu will be activated from the […]
- Los Angeles Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen making progress, no date for return DENVER -- Los Angeles Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen is doing well after experiencing trouble with his heart again, though it remains uncertain when he will return to the mound.Los Angeles […]