Naomi Osaka has received a warm reception on her return to Haiti following a hugely successful 2018 season.
The 21-year-old climbed to WTA World No.5 and lifted her first major honor when she won the US Open in September.
Born in Osaka to a Japanese mother and a Haitian father, she visited her birthland soon after winning the Grand Slam event but has now flown to Haiti following a government invitation.
Initially, she was enigmatic over her plans, posting a cryptic message on Instagram indicating that she was going to a secret location.
More from my site
- 2018 WTA Finals: Halep taps Wozniacki, Kvitova, Osaka as favorites in open field SINGAPORE - World No.1 Simona Halep says the field for the 2018 WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global is wide open, but taps defending champion Caroline Wozniacki, 2011 champion […]
- Billie Jean King – ‘The sky’s the limit’ for Osaka, Stephens at WTA Finals On the heels of a career-best season that included a title run at the BNP Paribas Open in addition to her maiden major win, Osaka qualified for her first WTA Finals appearance during the […]
- Behind the Numbers: Goerges, Barty, Osaka set serving standard in 2018 2018 was a banner season for 30-year-old Julia Goerges. After a big 2017 saw her win titles for the first time since 2011 and finish just outside the Top 10, this season was about breaking […]
- TAB Betting Blog Guard of Honour to salute at Moonee Valley From day one Guard of Honour has been a smart short-course galloper and when things go his way in a race he can look even better than that.He likes two things; a dry track and no more than […]
- Overlooked No More: Jackie Mitchell, Who Fanned Two of Baseball’s Greats Since 1851, obituaries in The New York Times have been dominated by white men. With Overlooked, we’re adding the stories of remarkable people whose deaths went unreported in The […]
- Vermont wins respect, but No. 2 Kansas gets W
LAWRENCE, Kan. — Kansas guard Lagerald Vick followed his underwhelming season-opening performance against Michigan State with what Bill Self called the […]
- 2018 FIE Congress Rule Proposals: Sabre Fleche, No Foil Off-Target, and More Share Tweet Share Share Reddit The 2018 International Fencing Federation (FIE) Congress, to be held December 8th in Paris, is almost upon us, and this year features a 66 page long […]
- England can beat the All Blacks, believes Eddie Jones Moments after England's victory over South Africa, Eddie Jones had already switched attention to the All Blacks who roll into town next weekend.In the space of 10 seconds, he was asked […]
- Healy’s 21-ball half-century blows Ireland away Australia 94 for 1 (Healy 56*) beat Ireland 93 for 6 (Garth 24, Perry 2-12) by nine wicketsAlyssa Healy hit nine fours and a six in her unbeaten 40-ball 63 International Cricket […]
- FIFA Club World Cup UAE 2018 – News – Advantage Ahly in African decider
Egypt's Al Ahly took one step towards earning a FIFA Club World Cup UAE 2018 berth after they defeated Tunisian outfit Esperance de Tunis 3-1 in the first leg of the CAF Champions […]