The Los Angeles Chargers will welcome back Melvin Gordon on Sunday after the star running back missed the team’s previous game with a hamstring injury.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter, citing a source, reported that Gordon will face the Seattle Seahawks after the injury had kept him out of the team’s Week 7 win against the Tennessee Titans in London.
Gordon is officially questionable on the injury report. He was a full participant in practice for the first time this week on Friday.
Asked then if Gordon would play Sunday, Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said: “We’ll see. I don’t want to speak for Melvin, but if he’s feeling well I know he wants to play.”
Seahawks running back Chris Carson, meanwhile, will be tested pregame and for now is being called a “game-time decision,” a source told Schefter.
Carson is officially questionable with a hip injury.
Information from ESPN’s Eric D. Williams was used in this report.
More from my site
- Kirstie Gordon stars with ball as England shake off rust with seven-wicket win England 64 for 3 (Jones 28*, Sciver 23) beat Bangladesh 76 for 9 (Ayasha 39, Gordon 3-16) by seven wickets - DLSScorecardEngland's women overcame a top-order wobble, and another dramatic […]
- Rajon Rondo of Los Angeles Lakers breaks hand, out ‘a few weeks’ 3:35 AM ETOhm YoungmisukCloseESPN Staff WriterOhm Youngmisuk has covered the Giants, Jets and the NFL since 2006. Prior to that, he covered the Nets, Knicks and the NBA for nearly a […]
- Tyson Chandler Signs With the Los Angeles Lakers Want Marc Stein’s N.B.A. insights sent directly to your inbox? Sign up for our weekly N.B.A. newsletter here.——-The veteran center Tyson Chandler cleared waivers Tuesday and signed with […]
- Serge Ibaka of Toronto Raptors puts up career-high 34 points vs. Los Angeles Lakers in Kawhi Leonard’s absence 2:01 AM ETTim BontempsESPN LOS ANGELES -- When Toronto Raptors forward Serge Ibaka found out Kawhi Leonard would be sitting out Sunday night's game at Staples Center against the Los […]
- Free agent Manny Machado thanks Los Angeles Dodgers, fans, Instagram While Manny Machado was noncommittal as to his future after the Los Angeles Dodgers lost the World Series in five games, he may have shed insight into his thinking Wednesday when he took […]
- Rajon Rondo, Los Angeles Lakers, explains decision loss San Antonio Spurs SAN ANTONIO -- With the Los Angeles Lakers trailing the San Antonio Spurs by three with 15.9 seconds remaining, Rajon Rondo had a clear path to the basket but opted to pass up an open […]
- Brad Ausmus ready to embrace analytics with Los Angeles Angels ANAHEIM, Calif. -- During 18 major league seasons as a catcher and four more as a manager, Brad Ausmus developed a strong gut instinct about nearly everything that happens on a baseball […]
- Currie Cup Preview Sharks vs. Lions Western Province vs. Blue Bulls The Sharks will host the Golden Lions in Durban on Saturday afternoon in the first Currie Cup final, with both teams coming off comfortable wins. The Sharks put 41 points past the Griquas […]
- Anthony Smith Cleans Up with Submission Finish It got ugly before he got the win, but Anthony Smith not only earned the victory over Volkan Oezdemir at UFC Fight Night 138 on Saturday, he also walked away with a performance […]
- Khabib Nurmagomedov’s manager rips Conor McGregor The fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor might be over, but the war of words continues. Nurmagomedov’s manager, Ali Abdelaziz, kept the rivalry hot Tuesday, ripping […]