After a career-high 37 points last season, forward Christian Dvorak was rewarded by the Arizona Coyotes with a six-year extension.
The 22-year-old’s deal carries an annual average value of $4.45 million, according to reports.
“We are very pleased to sign Christian to a long-term contract,” Coyotes general manager John Chayka said in a statement. “Christian is a highly skilled, reliable, two-way center who continues to improve each season. He will be a key player for us in the future and we are thrilled to have him with us for the next seven seasons.”
The Coyotes have had a busy offseason, signing defensive star Oliver Ekman-Larsson to an eight-year contract, giving defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson a two-year extension and signing forward Michael Grabner to a three-year deal.
“I am very happy to sign a long-term contract with the Coyotes,” Dvorak said in a statement. “We have a great young team with a bright future and I love living and playing in the Valley. I’m excited to be a Coyote for the next seven years.”
More from my site
- Coyotes trade Max Domi to Canadiens for Alex Galchenyuk GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Max Domi had been a cornerstone of the Arizona Coyotes' rebuilding project in the desert. He was young, feisty, skilled and had a great hockey pedigree.Now the […]
- NHL panel gives Coyotes low ranking despite reasons for optimism
Arizona Coyotes center Clayton Keller (9) […]
- Trade Grades: Coyotes slight winners in Domi-Galchenyuk swap It's a double change of scenery with two young first-rounders switching homes. Who won the trade?
- Arizona Coyotes trade Max Domi to Montreal Canadiens for Alex Galchenyuk GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Coyotes have traded forward Max Domi to the Montreal Canadiens for Alex Galchenyuk in an exchange of young, talented players.The 23-year-old Domi had been […]
- Los Angeles Kings vs. Arizona Coyotes, Rookie Game #2: Live Stream, Players to Watch
A young Kings squad found themselves frustrated by the Anaheim Ducks’ rookie team yesterday, and despite coming out of the first period with a 1-0 lead, the Kings surrendered three […]
- Arizona Coyotes to host NHL ’19 release party, esports tournament
- Wednesday’s Coyotes Tracks – changes in Senators front office
Arizona Coyotes Player Spotlight: Lawson Crouse potential grows - Howlin HockeyHeading into his final year of his entry-level contract with the Arizona Coyotes, forward […]
- Seattle group hires former Coyotes coach Dave Tippett 12:16 PM ETEmily KaplanESPN The group hoping to bring the NHL to Seattle has hired Dave Tippett as a senior adviser.Tippett, 56, has coached more than 1,000 NHL games with the Dallas Stars […]
- Galchenyuk trade just one reason Coyotes are excited – ProHockeyTalk
Thanks to the decision to keep this year’s pick or risk sending an even better first-rounder to the Colorado Avalanche in 2019,* the looming draft weekend was already going to […]
- Nashville Predators D Ryan Ellis signs 8-year, $50M extension 12:56 PM ETGreg WyshynskiESPN Ryan Ellis was already being coveted as a potential July 2019 unrestricted free agent -- as the kind of defenseman a team could build a blue line around. […]