Last week Joey Logano and Martin Truex Jr. had a memorable side-by-side battle in the closing laps at Martinsville. It ended with one driver (Logano) in victory lane and the other (Truex) standing on pit road with thumbs pointed down in disapproval.
the finish begged the question of which two drivers throughout history would be dream matchups for Wednesday’s NASCAR America panelists.
Nate Ryan’s dream matchup would be Jimmie Johnson versus Dale Earnhardt Sr. at Martinsville in 2007. That year, Jeff Gordon beat the back bumper off Johnson’s car, but could not pass the No. 48. Ryan wonders if it would have been different with the Intimidator doing the bumping.
Dale Jarrett would like to see a playoff matchup between two of NASCAR’s most notable rivals.
“Two guys that I raced with – and I saw them battle a lot – but I’d like to put them in the playoffs in a situation just like Sunday, trying to make their way to the championship and that’s Rusty Wallace and … Dale Earnhardt,” Jarrett said. “To watch them battle once again nose-to-tail and see – either one of them behind the other – would be a great finish.”
Dale Earnhardt Jr.‘s dream matchup was much more personal. He would like the opportunity to race his father one more time on a restrictor-plate superspeedway.
For more, watch the video above.
Follow Dan Beaver on Twitter
More from my site
- With his own academy and a win over idol Lin Dan, Subhankar Dey ticks off one dream at a time The baroque city of Saarbrucken on the Western edge of Germany features a smattering of Indian players this week. Most of them trudging through the rough end of wins, points and rankings. […]
- ‘Never give up on that dream’ – Joe Denly reflects on remarkable England comeback Joe Denly admits he felt as if he were making a second debut as he made his first international appearance for eight-and-a-half years in Colombo on Saturday.But, after producing a […]
- First-time runner has dream come true CLOSE
USA TODAY Sports' Paul Myerberg breaks down how Lelisa Desisa and Mary Keitany emerged victorious in the New York City Marathon.
USA TODAY SportsMartin Rogers crosses the […]
- Saudi Arabia complete treble, quartet through to Poland
Saudi Arabia crowned AFC U-19 champions
Korea Republic advanced to final for record 17th time
Japan and Qatar also sealed spots at Poland 2019
Asia's qualifying […]
- Knicks Can’t Rush Through Door Celtics Leave Open for Them Jayson Tatum had 24 points and 14 rebounds, and the Boston Celtics withstood his careless foul with 1.9 seconds left to beat the Knicks, 103-101, on Saturday night at Madison Square […]
- Russia risks missing lab access deadline, RUSADA head says AP
Published 4:35 a.m. ET Nov. 9, 2018 | Updated 5:03 a.m. ET Nov. 9, 2018MOSCOW (AP) — The Russian government risks missing a deadline to allow access to the Moscow laboratory […]
- Hockey Futures Shaping The Future Of Hockey
Emma Watson in a Hockey session at Thorpe Hall Primary School in East London
- Mawem Soars to Season Title, Skofic, Susanti Rahayu Rise to Season Podiums at Final Event Bassa Mawem soared to France’s 2nd Speed season title of 2018 at the last IFSC World Cup of the year in Xiamen, China, and Aries Susanti Rahayu (INA) rose to 2nd place on the season […]
- LeBron James and the Lakers are 0-3, and the Doubters Are Emerging The Los Angeles Lakers had rallied from 8 points down with a minute left on Monday night. Now leading by 1 in overtime, their new superstar LeBron James stepped up to the free throw line […]
- Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games unveil competition schedule The Paralympics will take place in Tokyo (JPN) from August 25th to September 6th, where more than 4.000 athletes are expected to participate.
The Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee […]