Khaleel Ahmed‘s send-off of Marlon Samuels in the fourth ODI in Mumbai has earned the India left-arm quick an official warning and one demerit point.
Having dismissed him in the 14th over of West Indies’ innings, Khaleel turned towards the departing Samuels and yelled out multiple times. Khaleel picked up figures of 3 for 13, helping India win by 224 runs.
He was found guilty of a Level 1 breach of the ICC code of conduct, for violating article 2.5, which relates to “using language, actions or gestures which disparage or which could provoke an aggressive reaction from a batter upon his/her dismissal during an international match”.
Khaleel admitted to the offence and accepted the sanction proposed by match referee Chris Broad, which meant there was no need for a formal hearing. The charge was levelled by on-field umpires Ian Gould and Anil Chaudhary, third umpire Paul Wilson, and fourth umpire C Shamsuddin.
More from my site
- India storm to series win after Ravindra Jadeja four-for India 105 for 1 (Rohit 63*, Kohli 33*) beat West Indies 104 (Holder 25, Samuels 24, Jadeja 4-34, Bumrah 2-11, Khaleel 2-29) by nine wicketsThe India fielders share a laugh after a […]
- Matt Kuchar earns first PGA Tour win in over four years PLAYA DEL CARMEN, Mexico -- Matt Kuchar ended more than four years without a PGA Tour victory Sunday by closing with a 2-under 69 and holding up through a few nervous moments down the […]
- LeBron James Has Plenty of Patience. For Now. PORTLAND, Ore. — LeBron James spent much of his first game with the Los Angeles Lakers pointing. He pointed at teammates. He pointed at spots on the floor where he wanted his teammates to […]
- Vandy’s Horrocks to miss start of season for health reasons NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Vanderbilt center Bree Horrocks will miss the start of the upcoming season because of what the school describes as health matters related to blood clots.Commodores […]
- Kill or be killed Fury may be ungainly, not exactly the smoothest operator to ever lace on a pair of gloves, but he gets the job done…
- Other Sports: Cole Custer takes lead on final lap to win O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 at Texas Motor Speedway
FORT WORTH - Cole Custer took the lead from Tyler Reddick on the final lap to win the crash-strewn Xfinity O'Reilly Auto Parts 300.
There were 13 cautions, most ever for an Xfinity race […]
- Ben Foakes shows class on debut to lift England from adversity England 321 for 8 (Foakes 87*, Leach 14*, Dilruwan 4-70) v Sri LankaScorecard and ball-by-ball detailsBen Foakes was largely in the team for his wicketkeeping. That, at least, was one of […]
- What to do when a player’s tongue obstructs their airway
Would you know what to do if a player “swallowed their tongue”? Indeed, can a player actually swallow their tongue? Find out more with the new poster created by FIFA Medical on “what […]
- Behind the Numbers: Goerges, Barty, Osaka set serving standard in 2018 2018 was a banner season for 30-year-old Julia Goerges. After a big 2017 saw her win titles for the first time since 2011 and finish just outside the Top 10, this season was about breaking […]
- Containing Kohli in first 10-15 balls will be key – Mike Hesson Containing Virat Kohli in the first 15 deliveries and attacking Rohit straight up will be key to New Zealand gaining advantage over India, when the teams contest in a five-match ODI series […]