PARK CITY, Utah — A Utah couple ran into a different sort of hazard during a round of golf on Memorial Day near Salt Lake City.
A young moose bigger than their golf cart chased them off the links at the Park City Golf Club.
The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources posted the video on their Facebook page.
Emily Clearwater of Phoenix says she watched the scene unfold from a relative’s home nearby and took a video when she realized it was following them.
She said the young-looking moose went after the cart twice but eventually lost interest.
Golfer Mark Redican told the Deseret News that he was getting ready to hit a shot when his wife started yelling. They jumped in the cart and made an escape as the animal headed off to a nearby pond.
He says the animal wasn’t super-aggressive, but it was “gigantic,” so they didn’t hang around.
More from my site
- Man who called police on black women golfers denies racism YORK, Pa. -- A man who called police on a group of black women golfers accused of playing too slowly at a Pennsylvania golf club denied to dispatchers that he was acting out of […]
- Australian golfers, PGA Tour stars pay tribute to Jarrod Lyle Aug 8, 2018ESPN staffAustralia's golfing stars have been joined by their PGA and European Tour colleagues from across the globe in paying tribute to Jarrod Lyle.The 36-year-old Australian […]
- Russian teen Kalinskaya chases ‘idol’ Myskina in US Open debut Quick hits with Kalinskaya...On her family: "My mother is Elena. She was badminton player. My father is Nikolay, and he was a badminton player as well. Now he works for the federation and […]
- Man bites off finger during golf course brawl A man has bitten off another man’s finger during a fight at a Massachusetts golf course.
- Lucas Glover finds on-course relief from personal turmoil DUBLIN, Ohio – Bryson DeChambeau lists physics as a special interest, describes his current swing theory as an exploration of the anatomical limits of the body and instead of a dream […]
- Marina Alex ties course record, leads Cambia Portland Classic by two shots PORTLAND, Ore. -- Marina Alex matched the course record with a 10-under 62 on Thursday to take a two-stroke lead over Brooke Henderson and Minjee Lee in the Cambia Portland Classic.With […]
- U.S. Open 2018 – Winning caddie Ricky Elliott on how Koepka conquered the course SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. -- It's not confidential when you win a major. And when you repeat, it's legendary. Brooks Koepka became only the third man since World War II ended to defend his U.S. […]
- Toronto FC stays the course, remains MLS playoff contender BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. — For the first time in a long time, the locker room speakers bumped not just any music; celebratory music. In the bowels of Toyota Park on Saturday, banter was cheerful. […]
- Hills wins Oceania cross country title on a course made for hills| News It was all hills at the Oceania Cross Country Championships at Maleny Golf Course on Saturday (25) and it was all Hills in the women’s title.
Madeline Hills was the class of the […]
- Beriso to challenge Toronto marathon course record| News Ethiopia’s representation at this year’s Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon just got stronger with the addition of Amane Beriso to the elite women’s field.
With a personal best of […]