GALLOWAY, N.J. — Twins Leona and Lisa Maguire are turning professional and plan to compete at next week’s ShopRite LPGA Classic.
Tournament executive director Tim Erensen says they will join the field that begins play June 8 at Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club.
In her college career at Duke, Leona Maguire was a two-time National Player of the Year and three-time ACC champion. She recently broke Lydia Ko’s record for the most weeks (131) at the top of the world amateur rankings. She has played three times in the Curtis Cup and twice earned her LPGA card through Q School but returned to college each time.
Lisa Maguire has been ranked as high as 35th as an amateur. She is a two-time member of the European Junior Solheim Cup team and played in the Curtis Cup in 2010.
More from my site
- Lisa, Leona Maguire twins to turn professional at ShopRite LPGA BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Ariya Jutanugarn has her sweet, playful side.
There’s a charm in the childlike pranks she enjoys playing on her older sister, Moriya.
She likes messing up Mo’s […]
- Kelly Shon, So Yeon Ryu share Meijer LPGA Classic lead at 64 GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- Kelly Shon played her last six holes in 6 under for an 8-under 64 and a share of the lead with So Yeon Ryu on Thursday in the Meijer LPGA Classic.Shon had a 7-under […]
- Georgia Hall leads Portland Classic by 2 shots after 3 rounds PORTLAND, Ore. -- Georgia Hall pulled away from Minjee Lee late in the third round Saturday to take a two-stroke lead in the Cambia Portland Classic.The Women's British Open winner four […]
- Georgia Hall leads LPGA Tour’s Cambia Portland Classic PORTLAND, Ore. -- Georgia Hall shot a 9-under 63 on Friday to take a three-stroke lead in the Cambia Portland Classic and break the tournament 36-hole record.The Women's British Open […]
- Marina Alex wins Cambia Portland Classic PORTLAND, Ore. -- Marina Alex rallied to win the Cambia Portland Classic for her first LPGA Tour title, closing with a 7-under 65 on Sunday for a four-stroke victory over Georgia Hall.Alex […]
- So Yeon Ryu wins Meijer LPGA Classic by two strokes over Caroline Masson GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- So Yeon Ryu found her winning touch at Blythefield Country ClubRyu, a 29-year-old from South Korea, won the Meijer LPGA Classic on Sunday, closing with a 5-under 67 […]
- Ryu, Shon share lead at Meijer LPGA Classic Kelly Shon played her last six holes in 6 under for an 8-under 64 and a share of the lead with So Yeon Ryu on Thursday in the Meijer LPGA Classic.
- Scott McCarron closes with 7-under 63 to win Shaw Charity Classic by 1 shot CALGARY, Alberta -- Scott McCarron had a one-hop ace on the par-3 14th and closed with a birdie Sunday to successfully defend his Shaw Charity Classic title.McCarron shot a 7-under 63 for […]
- Kent Jones, Scott Parel, Tom Pernice Jr. share Boeing Classic lead SNOQUALMIE, Wash. -- Scott Parel, Tom Pernice Jr. and Kent Jones shot 7-under 65 on Friday to share the first-round lead in the PGA Tour Champions' Boeing Classic.The 53-year-old Parel, […]
- Joe Durant leads PGA Tour Champion’s Shaw Charity Classic in Calgary CALGARY, Alberta -- Joe Durant eagled the par-5 18th for a 7-under 63 and a one-stroke lead over Miguel Angel Jimenez on Saturday in the PGA Tour Champions' Shaw Charity Classic.Durant […]