What normally would be a quick hearing in a misdemeanor case will continue for a third day Wednesday as Robert Kraft’s attorneys seek to suppress video evidence in his solicitation of prostitution case.
The New England Patriots owner is one of 25 men charged with misdemeanor solicitation after allegedly receiving sexual services in January at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter, Florida.
Kraft’s lawyers sparred with Palm Beach County state attorneys Tuesday over the warrant police obtained to install secret video surveillance inside the spa.
Florida Department of Health inspector Karen Herzog testified Tuesday that she saw items at the spa that led her to believe women were living there when she visited in November. Kraft’s team attacked Herzog’s credibility, suggesting that she altered her inspection report in order to give police probable cause.
If Judge Leonard Hanser agrees with Kraft’s attorneys that the video evidence should be suppressed, it could effectively end the state’s case against Kraft and the other men charged with solicitation.
The hearing will resume at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday. Hanser said he hoped to have it wrapped by noon.
More from my site
- Folau code of conduct hearing into day two Israel Folau's landmark code of conduct hearing has resumed in Sydney.Folau returned to Rugby Australia (RA) headquarters on Sunday morning with his legal team set to continue arguing his […]
- Riptide’s Katia Soudakova Will Stay In-State With 2020 Verbal to Minnesota
Photo Courtesy: Katia SoudakovaAgon is the proud sponsor of all high school coverage (recruiting, results, state championships, etc.) on […]
- Here’s why everyone is so excited about Michigan State basketball in 2019-20 Michigan State has the most hype of any team going into the 2019-20 college basketball season. Our Andy Katz has the Spartans ranked No. 1 in his early list, and he's not the only […]
- Golden State’s ‘Giants’ to be Tested After Injury to Kevin Durant Going into the final day of the regular season, the Houston Rockets did not know if they would finish the night as the No. 4 seed in the Western Conference or vault all the way to No. 2.A […]
- Arizona State softball takes down Oregon with 4-0 sweep in game one [Video] Pac-12 Networks' Ann Schatz and Tammy Blackburn recap Arizona State's 4-0 win over Oregon at Jane Saunders Stadium on Thursday night. The Sun Devils started out hot, scoring three of its […]
- Why Oregon State thrower Destiny Dawson’s siblings call her a ‘sister hero’ [Video] It hasn't always been an easy road for Oregon State redshirt senior Destiny Dawson, an All-American javelin thrower and engineering major. She inspires by juggling those responsibilities […]
- Highlight: Jake Harvey sends Oregon State baseball to victory over Washington State in 16th inning Jake Harvey drives in Preston Jones, ending a marathon 16-inning game between Oregon State and Washington State on Saturday at Goss Stadium. The Beavers won the game, 4-3, for their […]
- Highlights: No. 4 Oregon State baseball sweeps past Arizona in nightcap of doubleheader The Beavers rack up 13 hits and score three runs in the first inning to beat Arizona 9-3 on Saturday, securing the series sweep. Adley Rutschman and Elliot Willy each had three-RBI games […]
- Former champs Parmentier, Buyukakcay looming in Istanbul 2019 draw ISTANBUL, Turkey - Two former champions are unseeded and looming in the TEB BNP Paribas Istanbul Cup main draw, released in full on Sunday.Defending champion Pauline Parmentier, fresh off […]
- EB members Marijke Fleuren and Tayyab Ikram re-appointed as IOC Commission members
EB members Marijke Fleuren and Tayyab Ikram re-appointed as IOC Commission members