Just over 48 hours after competing in the NCAA men’s hockey national championship game as a sophomore at UMass, the Colorado Avalanche’s Cale Makar became just the seventh player in NHL history to score a postseason goal in their NHL debut.
The goal came with 3:58 left in the first period, and gave Colorado a 3-0 lead over the Calgary Flames.
Makar, 20, was drafted by the Avalanche with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2017 draft.
While there have been several players who have made their NHL debuts in the playoffs, no one has had a turnaround quite like this.
On Friday, Makar won the Hobey Baker Memorial Award as college hockey’s top player. Saturday night, he and UMass fell to Minnesota Duluth in the final. And the following night, he was scoring a goal for the Avalanche in the playoffs.
More from my site
- Makar wins first Hobey Baker Award for UMass 9:27 PM ETChris PetersESPN NHL CloseChris Peters is ESPN's NHL draft and prospects analyst. The Chicago native previously covered the NHL for CBSSports.com and founded the popular […]
- College Sports: TCU basketball scores commitment from Tennessee-Chattanooga transfer Kevin Easley
TCU men's basketball has landed its third commitment in the span of a week.
Tennessee-Chattanooga transfer Kevin Easley announced on his personal Twitter account Sunday evening that he […]
- 2018-19 College football bowl schedule, scores, TV listings, matchup information Here's the complete list of college football bowl results from the 2018-19 season.
The FBS College Football Playoff concluded Monday with Clemson dominating Alabama 44-16 for its second […]
- Michigan scores NCAA tournament-record 16 points in first half vs. Texas Tech In an NCAA tournament that has seen plenty of slow, low-scoring games, Michigan basketball might have just set the new standard.In the first 20 minutes of basketball in their game against […]
- Live Scores: live football results, scorers & standings across the world – Official FIFA App: Football in Focus The Official FIFA App keeps you fully up to date with live football scores from across the globe, as well as breaking news, exclusive videos and highlights, interviews and features.
- Welcome to FIFA.com News – Angola set for debut, Cameroon, Nigeria qualify
Angola, Nigeria and Cameroon book tickets for Brazil
Debut appearance for Angolans; Nigeria record champions
Final place to be decided on Sunday
Angola are set to appear at their first […]
- Anisimova rallies past Lisicki in Bogota debut BOGOTÁ, Colombia - American teenager Amanda Anisimova scored her first win on the clay this spring courtesy of a 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 win over Sabine Lisicki at the Claro Open Colsanitas.The No.6 […]
- Snow on top, fire on the bottom Steve Forbes is one of the dedicated boxing personalities keeping boxing on life support in the northwest…
- Amirah Milloy’s five-RBI performance guides No. 4 Washington softball past No. 24 Arizona State [Video] Pac-12 Networks' Elise Woodward and Danielle Lawrie share their takeaways from Washington's 8-4 victory against ASU on Friday in Seattle. Amirah Milloy sparked the UW offense with five […]
- Ex-Crawford promoter wins lawsuit vs. Top Rank The former promoter of welterweight world titleholder Terence Crawford has been awarded a judgment of more than $500,000 in a lawsuit against Top Rank that stemmed from a dispute over the […]