“I don’t think I’ve ever played so many three-set matches in one week, and in so many of them, I was down a set. That really helped my mental strength, and so I’m feeling really good mentally after getting through all these matches.
“I’ve played a lot on clay throughout my junior career, and a lot in South America, as well. I was feeling very confident, even if I wasn’t able to play the clay season last year because of my injury. I’m really excited to play on clay again because it’s my favorite surface. This is a huge boost for Europe.”
Planning to play a strong slate of tournaments starting at the Mutua Madrid Open and ending at Roland Garros, Anisimova will be a different player from the 15-year-old who made her Grand Slam main draw debut on the terre battue two years ago.
“I’m just getting started, and this was a great opportunity, so I’m really happy that I’m healthy this year. I’m really looking forward to Paris.”
More from my site
- Anisimova rallies past Lisicki in Bogota debut BOGOTÁ, Colombia - American teenager Amanda Anisimova scored her first win on the clay this spring courtesy of a 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 win over Sabine Lisicki at the Claro Open Colsanitas.The No.6 […]
- Ahn survives match points to overcome Ostapenko in Bogota shocker BOGOTÁ, Colombia -- Lucky loser Kristie Ahn of the United States pulled off a shocking upset in the first round of the Claro Open Colsanitas on Tuesday night, fending off two match points […]
- For the Red Sox, a Creaky Start After Their Fierce Run to a Title The Red Sox were satisfied enough with the condition of Sale’s shoulder to give him the new contract. But Sale’s average fastball velocity has dipped to 91.3 miles per hour this season, […]
- Football student-athlete connection group to hold first conference call With the goal of receiving more feedback from student-athletes, the Division I Football Oversight Committee Student-Athlete Connection Group was recently formed and will hold its first […]
- Former UFC fighter Angela Magana in coma after complications from emergency surgery Former UFC fighter and current Combate Americas athlete Angela Magana remains in a coma following emergency surgery in Puerto Rico.Members of Magana’s team revealed the news after she was […]
- Espinoza-Casimero to be for interim bantam title Ricardo "Hindu" Espinoza and John Riel Casimero will meet for a vacant interim bantamweight world title on Saturday after the WBO ruled in favor of the petition filed trying to force the […]
- Mansour Al Rashedi from Kuwait wins his first World Cup Gold medal Kuwait and Denmark win Tokyo 2020 quota places.Mansour Al Rashedi from Kuwait won the Skeet Men’s final at the 2019 ISSF World Cup in Al Ain today.
Al Rashedi successfully shot 56 targets […]
- FIFA eWorld Cup 2019™ – News – Elation for French duo after FIFA eNations Cup win
'Maestro and 'DaXe' lead France to FIFA eNations Cup victory
Duo speak of their joy winning the inaugural event
France are now the best national team competing on EA Sports FIFA […]
- Shields beats up Hammer, wins undisputed title A few days before Claressa Shields met Christina Hammer for the undisputed women's middleweight world championship on Saturday, Shields made clear how the fight would go and what she […]
- Alaa Yehia adds further title, causes major upset Alaa Yehia adds further title, causes major upset - International Table Tennis Federation