Thailand’s Savate Sresthaporn and Germany’s Paul Pigorsch win their first World Cup medals.
Olympic Champion of Rio de Janeiro Josip Glasnovic didn’t miss a single target, shooting a perfect 125 targets and equalling the World Record in qualification. Three athletes with 123 targets followed him into the final. Seven shooters shot 122 targets and had to battle it out in a shoot-off for two final places.
Josip Glasnovic and Savate Sresthaporn both shot 47/50 targets in the final and then had to shoot-off for the Gold medal. Glasnovic came out on top hitting 9 targets to Sresthaporn’s 8.
The Gold medal and the Olympic Quota went to Josip Glasnovic (CRO). The Silver medal and the second Olympic Quota was won by Savate Sresthaporn (THA). Germany’s Paul Pigorsch shot 123 targets in the qualification plus 34 targets in the final and won the Bronze medal.
More from my site
- Mansour Al Rashedi from Kuwait wins his first World Cup Gold medal Kuwait and Denmark win Tokyo 2020 quota places.Mansour Al Rashedi from Kuwait won the Skeet Men’s final at the 2019 ISSF World Cup in Al Ain today.
Al Rashedi successfully shot 56 targets […]
- 20th World Cup Gold Medal for Kimberly Rhode Final Skeet WomenISSF World Cup Shotgun · Al Ain, UAEUSA's Kimberly Rhode continued her winning streak by winning gold in the Skeet Women's Final in Al Ain following her victory in […]
- Kimberly Rhode wins her 19th World Cup gold medal! ISSF World Cup Shotgun · Acapulco, MEXUSA's Kimberly Rhode continues her winning streak by winning gold in the Skeet Women's Final in Acapulco after 3 World Cup victories last year. Silver […]
- Korea dominates Medal Tally as World Junior Championships conclude in Paris – World Bowling After five days of competition at Plaza Bowling Saint Maximin, some 70 kilometers South of Paris, the inaugural World Junior Bowling Championships moved to the center of the capital city […]
- Russia tops medal tally at Junior and Cadet World Championships in Poland Share Tweet Share Share RedditFencing powerhouse Russia has claimed five gold medals at the recently completed Junior and Cadet World Championships held on April 6-14 in Torun, Poland, to […]
- Hero World Challenge to end on Saturday ahead of Presidents Cup
This year's Hero World Challenge will end on Saturday in an effort to help players, including tournament host and U.S. captain Tiger Woods, get from the […]
- Graham Henry backs shock Dan Carter Rugby World Cup call Dan Carter would not be out of place in the All Blacks squad at the Rugby World Cup in Japan later this year if selectors handed him a shock call-up to fill the gap left by the injured […]
- Walsh does not want to ‘rush’ Mustafizur before World Cup Bangladesh bowling coach Courtney Walsh wants fast bowler Mustafizur Rahman to be given enough time to recover from his ankle injury, and not be used too much during the tri-series in […]
- Show begins in Budapest for Liebherr 2019 ITTF World Table Tennis Championships!
This represents the last individual World Championships under the current format, before the new expanded playing system will be implemented in 2021, which aims to have closer […]
- World No. 1 Dustin Johnson crumbles down RBC Heritage stretch
It was an afternoon to forget for world No. 1 Dustin Johnson at the RBC Heritage.
After knocking in nearly 160 feet worth of putts in the third round, Johnson […]