ARLINGTON, Texas — Houston Astros manager AJ Hinch and hitting coach Alex Cintron were been ejected after consecutive pitches at Texas.
Cintron and others on the bench apparently questioned a low strike called on Tyler White in the second inning Wednesday night. When plate umpire Ron Kulpa looked toward the dugout, Hinch came out. Nobody was initially ejected, but soon after the manager returned to the dugout and before the next pitch, Cintron was still chirping and was tossed.
One pitch later, after another called strike, Hinch was ejected and then came out of the dugout for a heated argument with Kulpa. Hinch was pulled away by bench coach Joe Espada, who took over as the acting manager.
In the bottom of the first, the Astros and starter Gerrit Cole were upset with a 2-2 fastball to Joey Gallo that was called a ball. Gallo eventually drew a two-out walk, but didn’t score.
More from my site
- Reports: Former Missouri basketball coach Mike Anderson in line for St. John’s job
GREENVILLE, SC - MARCH 17: Head coach Mike Anderson of the Arkansas Razorbacks calls out in the first half while taking on the Seton Hall Pirates in the first […]
- Jose Altuve Continues to Pester Yankees, Homering Twice as Astros Finish Sweep HOUSTON — Jose Altuve, the 5-foot-6 star second baseman for the Houston Astros, long ago proved that height doesn’t matter that much. He is a six-time All-Star, three-time batting champion […]
- Manny Diaz more than just Hurricanes coach — he’s Miami’s newest ambassador and motivational speaker, too CORAL GABLES — For more than 20 minutes, Manny Diaz spoke and a room full of high school football players, their coaches and parents listened intently, the ballroom largely silent as the […]
- Setback for Yankees’ Luis Severino Is Compounded by Loss to Astros HOUSTON — The Yankees will be without Luis Severino, their staff ace, until some time this summer, after it was revealed Tuesday that he strained a right latissimus dorsi muscle while […]
- Ex-Lady Vol Kellie Harper returns to her alma mater as coach KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Former Lady Vols point guard Kellie Harper is returning to Tennessee, ready to take on the challenge of rejuvenating one of the biggest brand names in women's […]
- Yankees Lose to Astros and Send Luis Severino for More Tests HOUSTON — In a young season already defined by injuries, the Yankees have sent their best pitcher for further tests on his throwing shoulder after his rehabilitation efforts stalled.Luis […]
- Wallabies coach Michael Cheika opens up on Stephen Larkham axing Wallabies coach Michael Cheika admits he may have lost a friend but he had to shrug off the emotion of sacking Stephen Larkham for the good of the team.Larkham, Australia's attack coach […]
- Never a dull moment with Auburn basketball coach Pearl
- Avenatti’s Client: The Basketball Club Coach Caught Up in a Federal Case. For Franklin, a soft-spoken coach from Los Angeles, the run was a triumph. His Nike-sponsored team was one of the best in the country in what is now known as grass-roots basketball.Three […]
- Mississippi St coach expects another grueling game vs ASU PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Mississippi State coach Vic Schaefer remembers the team's last meeting with Arizona State as grueling. He expects much the same when the top-seeded Bulldogs face the […]