“Yesterday was horrible,” she joked of her post-semifinal condition. “Today, a little bit better, but still not, of course, the best.
“I also think the experience to not play a day match was also key; you could see a little bit, because she played some day matches, some doubles, also. So that was a little bit, you know, the difference, I think, also, at some points.
“I went to sleep at 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning. I felt it.”
Still, the three-time WTA Ace Leader has plenty to feel good about when she looks back on a blistering start to 2019. Beginning the year with a 12th career WTA title at the Brisbane International, she pulled off an improbable comeback against Serena Williams to reach the Australian Open semis, and hasn’t lost before the quarterfinals at any of her five tournaments played.
More from my site
- ‘I’m still alive’ – Hsieh plans clay court campaign after ‘incredible’ 2019 start Estimating her total points haul at 250 last spring - having reached the Grand Prix de SAR La Princesse Lalla Meryem semifinals and the Internationaux de Strasbourg quarterfinals - Hsieh […]
- For the Red Sox, a Creaky Start After Their Fierce Run to a Title The Red Sox were satisfied enough with the condition of Sale’s shoulder to give him the new contract. But Sale’s average fastball velocity has dipped to 91.3 miles per hour this season, […]
- Jason Vargas Makes a Promising Start for the Mets, but the Phillies Own the Night Looking to sweep the Philadelphia Phillies, the Mets handed the ball to Jason Vargas, their fifth starter and most unreliable hurler, on Wednesday night.He took the mound with an earned […]
- After Ukrainian sprinters’ ban, AIU to extend its blood profiling strategy ahead of the IAAF World Championships Doha 2019| News The Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) announced today that it plans to extend its blood steroid profiling strategy after the endorsement of its methods by the Court of Arbitration for Sport […]
- Concerns for Super Kings as they look to bounce back after successive losses Sunrisers Hyderabad have won their last two games, one of them against Super Kings, and will want to give star opener Jonny Bairstow a fitting farewell
- After Scorching the Red Sox, the Yankees Wilt Against the Royals Homer Bailey has something to smile about if he goes hunting with Cal Eldred during the off-season. Bailey, whose career had come apart over the last few years, on Thursday won a second […]
- Caps’ Oshie will miss time after push into boards 11:07 PM ETEmily KaplanESPN RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Washington Capitals will be without winger T.J. Oshie for "quite some time," according to Capitals coach Todd Reirden.Oshie was pushed into […]
- Former UFC fighter Angela Magana in coma after complications from emergency surgery Former UFC fighter and current Combate Americas athlete Angela Magana remains in a coma following emergency surgery in Puerto Rico.Members of Magana’s team revealed the news after she was […]
- ‘It’s a huge deal’ – Anisimova revels in first WTA title after Bogota epic "I don’t think I’ve ever played so many three-set matches in one week, and in so many of them, I was down a set. That really helped my mental strength, and so I’m feeling really good […]
- FIFA eWorld Cup 2019™ – News – Elation for French duo after FIFA eNations Cup win
'Maestro and 'DaXe' lead France to FIFA eNations Cup victory
Duo speak of their joy winning the inaugural event
France are now the best national team competing on EA Sports FIFA […]