The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board yesterday accepted the proposal of the Paris Organising Committee of the Olympic & Paralympic Games (Paris 2024) to include Breaking, Skateboarding, Surfing and Sport Climbing at the Olympic Games Paris 2024.
The framework for consideration included fitting into the Paris 2024 venue master plan; reflecting Paris’ vision to host youthful, urban, gender-balanced, innovative and spectacular Games; and being in line with the Paris 2024 global sports concept to include dynamic, inclusive and accessible events.
The proposal will next be put forward at the upcoming IOC Session on 24th June in Lausanne, Switzerland. If the proposal is approved at the IOC Session, Sport Climbing would be provisionally included at the Olympic Games Paris 2024. Following any necessary observations – including at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – the event programme and athlete quotas will then be finalised at the IOC Executive Board meeting in December 2020.
Sport Climbing appeared as a medal event on an Olympic programme for the first time at the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018, and this year qualification begins for Sport Climbing at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
The full news can be found at Olympic.org, and click here to view the IFSC press release announcing the proposal.
More from my site
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Competition Schedule Announced Today, 16th April, the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Tokyo 2020) unveiled the event line-up for each session of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. Officially […]
- Paris-Roubaix debutant relives his traumatic day on the cobbles in WhatsApp chat
Excacty 174 riders took the start line at Paris-Roubaix 2019, but only 100 finished. That leaves […]
- Belgian veteran Gilbert beats Politt to win Paris-Roubaix AP
Published 11:48 a.m. ET April 14, 2019
ROUBAIX, France (AP) — Veteran cyclist Philippe Gilbert beat German rider Nils Politt right at the end of Sunday's […]
- Weekend road preview: Lonyangata targets third Paris win, Omullo defends Warsaw title, Jimma the favourite in Wuhan| News Two-time Schneider Electric Paris Marathon winner Paul Lonyangata will seek a record third consecutive victory at the IAAF Gold Label road race on Sunday (14).
The 26-year-old Kenyan […]
- Pete Alonso Delivers a First in the Ninth as the Mets Escape the Marlins MIAMI — After he blasted a 95-mile-per-hour fastball more than 400 feet to center field in the ninth inning of the Mets’ 7-3 win on Monday night, Pete Alonso was the last player into the […]
- ESC 2022 in Aalborg, Denmark – ETBF The ETBF Presidium has decided to award the hosting of the European Senior Championships 2022 to Lovvang Bowling Centre in Aalborg, Denmark.
- Arizona State baseball prevails over Arizona in marathon slugfest [Video] Pac-12 Networks' Daron Sutton and Ben Francisco look back on the marathon baseball game that was on Sunday between Arizona and Arizona State in Tempe. The Sun Devils prevailed, 17-16, […]
- Broner pleads guilty, gets two years’ probation Former four-division world titleholder Adrien Broner avoided jail time on Monday when he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges and was given probation in a case in which a woman accused […]
- Luke Walton, Coach of the Sacramento Kings, Is Accused of Sexual Assault in Lawsuit Luke Walton, the N.B.A. coach who recently left the Los Angeles Lakers and was hired by the Sacramento Kings, has been sued by a former sports broadcaster who said he sexually assaulted […]
- Clinical Axelsen exposes Srikanth’s shortcomings 12:01 PM ETJonathan SelvarajESPN It may have ended in the best way possible, but Viktor Axelsen's week in Delhi playing the India Open World Tour 500 didn't start off promisingly. He was […]