Saracens will host future London derby matches against Harlequins at Tottenham’s new White Hart Lane stadium, according to the club’s director of rugby Mark McCall.
The Premiership fixture was staged at Wembley in 2017 before it was relocated to West Ham United’s London Stadium last year.
The London Stadium will once again be the venue for this weekend’s derby but the match will be played at Tottenham’s new 60,000-seat arena from next season.
“We are looking forward to Tottenham’s ground being completed and that becoming our home for this game for the years to come,” McCall told the Telegraph. “The Olympic Stadium is a bit of a neutral venue.
“This weekend’s game should have been at Tottenham’s ground if the stadium had been ready. My understanding now is that [White Hart Lane] is going to be where we are going to be for this fixture. It is very exciting and it is more our area [in terms of support base].”
Tottenham recently announced that they will host Crystal Palace for the opening game of their new stadium on April 3 before welcoming Manchester City in the first leg of the Champions League quarterfinals.
More from my site
- Those Denver Upstarts Save Their Season Thanks to Jamal Murray Fortunately for Barton and the rest of the Nuggets, it was all love in the fourth quarter, thanks largely to Murray, who shot 8-for-24 in Game 1 — including a wide-open elbow jumper he […]
- Yankees Send Red Sox Deeper Into Their Early-Season Gloom “We’re healthy and we’re not playing good baseball,” Red Sox Manager Alex Cora said. “We’ve been inconsistent in every aspect of the game: pitching, offense, defense, base running. It’s on […]
- Rob Evans to miss rest of Scarlets’ season after shoulder surgery Wales prop Rob Evans will miss the rest of the Scarlets' season after undergoing surgery on an injured shoulder.Evans -- who was part of the Wales squad that won a Six Nations Grand Slam […]
- Roadster beats Game Winner at Santa Anita Derby ARCADIA, Calif. -- Roadster defeated Game Winner by a half-length to win the $1 million Santa Anita Derby, giving trainer Bob Baffert a 1-2 finish and the possibility of three horses in […]
- England scrum-half Ben Youngs out for season with shoulder injury England scrum-half Ben Youngs will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing shoulder surgery, his club Leicester Tigers has revealed.England coach Eddie Jones has ruled himself […]
- Wipeout for Kelly Slater at big season-opener on Gold Coast AP
Published 10:30 p.m. ET April 3, 2019 | Updated 1:59 a.m. ET April 4, 2019GOLD COAST, Australia (AP) — Eleven-time world champion Kelly Slater is out of the season-opening […]
- Bouldering Season Starts now Current and future bouldering stars from all around the world will compete in 3 days at the IFSC Bouldering World Cup in Meiringen, Switzerland. This marks the start of an exciting IFSC […]
- ‘Season rolls on’ after Nurkic injury CHICAGO -- The Portland Trail Blazers are trying to regroup after losing center Jusuf Nurkic to a gruesome leg injury.The 7-footer had surgery Tuesday after suffering compound fractures to […]
- The Off-Season Life of an M.L.B. Hot Potato JUPITER, Fla. — At 6 feet 4 inches and 235 pounds with a mustache that was part Fu Manchu and part facial-hair experimentation, Austin Brice’s appearance turned quite a few heads over the […]
- Slovenia Starts Season in Style Slovenian stars Janja Garnbret and Anze Peharc opened the 2019 climbing season with wins at Studio Bloc Masters 2019 in Pfungstadt, Germany, the first stop of the International Climbing […]