Representatives from IFSC Member Federations including Australia (SCA), Germany (DAV), Great Britain (BMC), Nepal (NMA), and host nation Japan (JMSCA) to name a few, as well as IFSC staff and Board members arrived at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel in Tokyo today to kick off the events leading up to the 14th Annual Plenary Assembly this Saturday.
Prior to the PA, attendees will take part in a series of meetings, workshops, dinners and tours in a diverse programme designed to be informative for all members. Proceedings commenced this evening with a welcome cocktail in the hotel’s top-floor bar, where delegates gathered in a relaxed setting to enjoy the twinkling lights of Tokyo and catch up with fellow Federations ahead of the coming days.
During the welcome gathering, IFSC President Scolaris met Yagihara Kuniaki, President of the Japan Mountaineering and Sport Climbing Association (JMSCA), host organiser of this year’s PA, and IFSC Marketing & Communications Director Anne Fuynel welcomed representatives of Dentsu Inc and Synca Creations whom the IFSC is delighted to have just signed a multi-year partnership with.
Formal events begin tomorrow with a meeting of the IFSC Executive Board and two workshops for the National Federations.
IFSC Vice-President Communication Li Zhixin and Secretary General Debra Gawrych.
Anthony Seah, IFSC Asian Council President with IFSC Vice-President Treasurer and Finances Pierre-Henri Paillasson.
JMSCA President Yagihara Kuniaki alongside IFSC Continental Council Presidents Wolfgang Wable (Europe) and Romain Thevenot (Oceania).
Maria Izquierdo, President of the IFSC PanAmerican Council above the Tokyo skyline with Secretary General Debra Gawrych.
Athlete Representative on the IFSC Executive Board Sean McColl meets JMSCA President Yagihara Kuniaki alongside Member Federation representatives.
IFSC Marketing & Communications Director Anne Fuynel with representatives of Synca Creations and Dentsu Inc.
More from my site
- IFSC Plenary Assembly 2019 – A Full Recap
2019 Plenary Assembly reaches Key Decisions
As is protocol, the IFSC plenary Assembly began with a confirmation of the attendees and approval of the 2018 session minutes. IFSC President […]
- Welcoming the Future – IFSC Plenary Assembly 2019 The 14th annual IFSC Plenary Assembly took place this week in Tokyo, Japan, and the agenda consisted of updates on Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, gender equality, Paraclimbing development and […]
- FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019™ – News – FIFA Women’s World Cup™ Trophy Tour kicks off in Paris
Today the global FIFA Women's World Cup™ Trophy Tour kicked off in Paris, France, with FIFA Legends Kristine Lilly and Laura Georges sending the trophy off on its whirlwind world […]
- Tokyo and Japan offer tradition, expectation to Olympic golf AP
Published 4:02 a.m. ET Feb. 25, 2019 | Updated 5:52 a.m. ET Feb. 25, 2019TOKYO (AP) — Golf returned to the Olympics three years ago in Rio de Janeiro after a 112-year […]
- McWicked oldest pacer to win harness racing’s Horse of the Year McWicked is harness racing's Horse of the Year, and the oldest pacer to capture the sport's highest honor.The 7-year-old won 12 of 19 races in 2018 to earn $1.57 million for SSG Stables. […]
- The Warriors Were 97% to Win. But This Was the Other 3%. Here’s a fact that is pretty obvious. When the point spread on a game is big, the favorite usually wins.In the 39 N.B.A. games since 2003 with a spread of 18 or higher, the favorite won […]
- NHL moves up ‘Hughes’ draft lottery to April 9 9:14 PM ETEmily KaplanESPN NHL teams that are part of the Jack Hughes sweepstakes will find out a lot earlier if they'll get a chance to draft the highly regarded American center at No. […]
- Errani moves into second round at Guadalajara 125K GUADALAJARA, Mexico -- Former World No.5 and 2012 French Open finalist Sara Errani of Italy claimed an upset in the first round of the Abierto Zapopan, a WTA 125K Series event, by […]
- MLB, union agree to 1 trade deadline 10:52 PM ETJeff PassanESPN CloseESPN MLB insiderAuthor of "The Arm: Inside the Billion-Dollar Mystery of the Most Valuable Commodity in Sports"A single trade deadline and an All-Star Game […]
- Luka Doncic Is a Sore Loser. He Is Also a Sensation. DALLAS — Dirk Nowitzki has seen many things in his 21 seasons with the Dallas Mavericks. What he had never seen, until last month, was a fellow Maverick who could attract nearly two dozen […]