Wales have released centre Scott Williams from their squad for the remainder of the Six Nations as he battles a back injury.
The experienced midfield player missed the November Internationals with a hamstring tear and sat out the opening two rounds of the Six Nations with an ankle problem.
Better news for coach Warren Gatland has been the return to training of fullback Leigh Halfpenny, flyhalf Rhys Patchell, and prop Leon Brown.
“Scott Williams has been released from the 2019 Six Nations squad to continue rehabilitation of his back injury at his region,” a statement from Welsh Rugby said on Wednesday.
“It is felt that his injury will preclude him from taking a competitive part in the competition.”
Williams, who has 57 caps, watched from the sidelines as Wales opened their Six Nations campaign with a 24-19 victory over France in Paris and a 26-15 success at home to Italy.
They are next in action against England in Cardiff in what is a potential title decider on Feb. 23.
More from my site
- Italy vs Wales – Report – Six Nations 2019 – 9 Feb, 2019 Wales struggled to overpower Italy 26-15 in the Six Nations on Saturday, notching up a record-equalling 11th straight victory to become the first Welsh team to enjoy such a win streak in […]
- France let North, Wales and victory slip from their grasp in Six Nations stunner 6:16 PM ETHuw RichardsClose• FT's rugby writer from 1995 to 2009• Also writes for the International Herald Tribune and the Sunday HeraldPARIS -- A Tricolor hurled down from the upper deck […]
- Super Rugby Karmichael Hunt joins New South Wales Waratahs 5:47 PM ETESPN staffKarmichael Hunt's move to New South Wales Waratahs is official.The code-hopper was finally unveiled on Monday morning after months of speculation, the 32-year-old […]
- Robert Whittaker released from hospital after hernia surgery UFC middleweight champion Robert Whittaker was discharged Tuesday from the Melbourne hospital where he had emergency hernia surgery, according to ESPN.Whittaker underwent surgery in his […]
- Six Day Melbourne: Sam Welsford and Cameron Scott hold advantage after second night
Promotional feature with Six Day
Aussie pairing Sam Welsford and Cameron Scott hold the lead at Six Day Melbourne after the second night of racing.
Welsford and Scott put in a […]
- Unique set of Holds released for the Buenos Aires Youth Olympic Games 2018 Laurent Laporte, Director of Cheeta Holds, was appointed by the IFSC to produce a never-before-seen set of holds to debut at the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018.
The set of […]
- Williams talks junior day, new commits, OL targets, more Canton (Ga.) Creekview four-star offensive tackle John Williams was among the Clemson commits that attended the Tigers’ elite junior day event this past weekend.
Williams (6-5, 270) helped […]
- Vincent Trocheck returns early for Florida Panthers SUNRISE, Fla. -- Vincent Trocheck returned to the Florida Panthers' lineup Friday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs after missing nearly two months.The 25-year-old center missed 27 […]
- Bahrain-Merida neo-pro Stevie Williams forced out with pre-season knee injury
Before he has managed to turn a wheel in anger, Welshman Stevie Williams has been forced to delay the start of his season after being struck down by injury.
Along with Harry Tanfield […]
- Dylan Rhee Secures His Ticket to Olympic Trials The post Dylan Rhee Secures His Ticket to Olympic Trials appeared first on Swimming World News.
By Hannah Grynberg, Swimming World Intern. This weekend at the Speedo Winter Invitational, […]