NEW YORK — Minnesota Timberwolves forward Taj Gibson has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for aggressively pursuing and directing an obscene gesture toward an official.
NBA executive Kiki VanDeWeghe announced the punishment on Saturday.
Gibson grew frustrated after he was called for a foul when Utah’s Joe Ingles drove to the basket during the third quarter of Friday night’s 106-102 loss to the Jazz. He received two technical fouls and had to be restrained by his teammates after he was ejected with 6:41 left in the period.
More from my site
- Joe Tsai Makes Purchase of the Liberty Official The New York Liberty, one of the W.N.B.A.’s original teams, has a new owner. The league announced Wednesday that "an entity owned by Joe Tsai and his family” purchased the Liberty from the […]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ – News – Osorio hands in Paraguay reins
Juan Carlos Osorio exits as Paraguay coach
Colombian sights family reasons for departure
Copa America four months away
Juan Carlos Osorio’s short tenure as Paraguay coach has come to an […]
- The best and worst of NHL All-Star Weekend 2019 10:33 AM ETEmily KaplanGreg WyshynskiSAN JOSE, Calif. -- The 2019 NHL All Star Weekend was about breaking barriers. It was about celebrating a thriving NHL market. It was about embracing […]
- Spotlight on Keaton Jennings as England ponder whether to stick or twist after Barbados debacle Like the hunt for the Holy Grail and the lost city of Atlantis, England's search for opening batsmen has gone on so long, you wonder if they exist.For while Rory Burns impressed in […]
- WRC – S.Ogier: “It was another busy day for my heart!”
Present:1st – Sébastien Ogier, Citroën Total WRT1st – Julien Ingrassia, Citroën Total WRT2nd – Thierry Neuville, Hyundai Shell Mobis WRT2nd – Nicolas Gilsoul, Hyundai Shell […]
- Erik Compton leads as play suspended at Web.com Tour’s Abaco Classic
Erik Compton leads after two days of the Web.com Tour’s Bahamas Great Abaco Classic, with second-round play suspended because of darkness.
Compton wrapped up […]
- Lauren Agenbag, the first SA woman to umpire in a T20I 10:33 AM ETLiam BrickhillLauren Agenbag became the first South African women's umpire to stand in a T20I when she officiated the game between South Africa and Sri Lanka at Newlands on […]
- Swinging ball leaves India in trouble New Zealand chose to field v IndiaReaders from the US can watch the New Zealand v India series LIVE here, on ESPN+
Pretty close to the World Cup, New Zealand showed they were not fixed on […]
- To Learn to Win, the Denver Nuggets Had to Lose (Badly) “This is part of our journey,” Malone said.Malone got a keener sense of that process from 2011 to 2013, as an assistant with the Warriors under Mark Jackson when Stephen Curry and Klay […]
- Tour players call for update, removal of Rule 10.2b(4)
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – If one were handing out awards this week at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, the 16th hole would likely win Most Popular.
Rule 10.2b(4)? […]