The President discussed important matters related to the Shooting Sport development within the Olympic movement.
The ISSF President Vladimir Lisin held several meetings in Lausanne, discussing important matters related to the Shooting Sport development within the Olympic movement.
During a meeting with Kit McConnell, IOC Sports Director, and David Luckes, IOC Head of Summer Sports & IF Relations, Mr. Lisin explained his vision and the ISSF plans for the next quadrennium, and commented on the goals to be achieved through the Development Fund recently established by the ISSF.
Preparations for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo and for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris were also discussed, as well as the possibilities for the development of Shooting Sport in Africa generated by the 2022 Youth Olympic Games in Senegal including the creation of the necessary conditions to organize competitions not only in Rifle and Pistol events, but also in the Shotgun discipline.
Special attention was paid to the matters of sustainability and, in particular, to environmental issues.
“The ISSF is in secure hands”, said the IOC President Thomas Bach, with whom Vladimir Lisin talked before the meeting of the IOC Marketing Commission, of which the ISSF President is a member since 2014.
More from my site
- Interview with ISSF President Vladimir Lisin The interview was published on the Italian magazine Armi e Tiro by Massimiliano Naldoni: https://www.armietiro.it/lisin-la-issf-che-voglio-10391.Shooting is a sport with great tradition […]
- IFSC President and Head of Olympic Coordination Travel to Tokyo to Prepare for Tokyo 2020 With only a year to go until the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, IFSC President Marco Maria Scolaris, Vice-President Sport/Events Kobinata Toru and Head of Olympic Coordination Jérôme Meyer […]
- IFSC President to talk Tokyo 2020 at the Premiere of the Indoor.Climbing.HUB, ISPO Munich International sports trade fair ISPO Munich kicks off this Sunday at the Messe München exhibition grounds, Germany. Now in its 49th year, this weekend will see ISPO Munich premiere its […]
- Peter Magowan, Giants Fan Turned Giants’ Owner, Is Dead at 76 “Let that be a lesson to you,” he recalled his father telling him. “Don’t ever give up.”Peter’s path to Safeway was indirect. He earned a bachelor’s degree in American literature at […]
- Craig McMillan to step down as New Zealand batting coach after World Cup New Zealand batting coach Craig McMillan will step down from his role following the World Cup in England later this year.After five years in the position, having been brought in by Mike […]
- Zvonareva stuns Goerges to reach St. Petersburg quarterfinals Goerges played phenomenal tennis for about a set and a half, pushing Zvonareva around the court and dictating play with her forehand. She had Zvonareva under pressure, creating three break […]
- IFSC Welcomes new Sport Assistant The IFSC is pleased to welcome Hazel (Haesol) Han as Sport Assistant. Hazel will join the Sport Department’s efforts in creating an IFSC Official Sport Equipment Catalogue for Bouldering, […]
- Osaka y Serena encabezan cuadro repleto de estrellas en Miami MIAMI, FL, EE. UU. - La presencia de Naomi Osaka, No. 1 del mundo de WTA, en el Abierto de Miami presentado por Itau se ha confirmado junto con la de Serena Williams.La ganadora del […]
- Steyn’s for-four helps South Africa extend advantage 3:00 AM ETLiam BrickhillSouth Africa 235 and 126 for 4 (du Plessis 25*, de Kock 13*, Embuldeniya 2-36) lead Sri Lanka 191 (Kusal Perera 51, Steyn 4-48) by 170 runs South Africa extended […]
- Senior National Badminton Championship: Ashmita Chaliha packs a punch against P.V. Sindhu in semifinals
Promising Assamese player Ashmita Chaliha gave ample display of her immense talent, packing a punch during her women’s singles semifinal clash with Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu at […]