England flanker Sam Underhill is a doubt for the Six Nations after Bath confirmed he had suffered ankle ligament damage.
Underhill, 22, was hurt in Bath’s 23-16 win over Leicester Tigers in the Gallagher Premiership on Sunday and will now see a specialist to assess the extent of the injury.
In a statement on their club website Bath said they would release further details of Underhill’s expected return date after he is reviewed.
England begin their Six Nations campaign away to the holders and last year’s Grand Slam winners Ireland on Feb. 2.
Underhill has picked up nine caps for his country and would have been a contender to start after a successful November international series lat year, including caps against New Zealand and Australia.
But he would be unlikely to recover in time if he has suffered anything above Grade 1 ligament damage, the lowest level of severity.
Bath also confirmed second row Matt Garvey would undergo surgery and be out for at least three months with a fractured ankle.
More from my site
- Leigh Halfpenny doubtful for Wales’ Six Nations opener after being ruled out for 3 to 5 weeks Wales fullback Leigh Halfpenny looks set to miss his country's opening matches in the Six Nations.Scarlets head coach Wayne Pivac revealed Tuesday the fullback has been ruled out for […]
- France include five uncapped players in Six Nations squad France have included five uncapped players in their 31-man Six Nations squad.Demba Bamba and Romain Ntamack, two members of France's winning Under-20 World Cup squad, are joined by […]
- Next England coach will need support, suggests Trevor Bayliss Trevor Bayliss has hinted he would recommend splitting the England coaching job in the future. Bayliss' contract as head coach expires at the end of September and he has made it clear he […]
- Hobart Hurricanes inch closer to semis after Faulkner smashes 16 off final over Hobart Hurricanes 6 for 178 (Bailey 69, Hardie 2-25) beat Perth Scorchers 9 for 177 (Whiteman 68, Faulkner 3-36) beat by four wicketsMasterful batting at the death by James Faulkner […]
- Michigan State interim president is under fire after Nassar remarks CLOSE
MSU interim president John Engler speaks after the Board of Trustees meeting on June 22.
Sarah Lehr, Lansing State JournalJohn Engler will resign as interim president of […]
- Joe Root shrugs off Big Bash rust as England ease into Caribbean groove England XI 312 for 10 (Root 87) v WI President's XIScorecardAs the scorecard took on an unusual look - it was 284 for 10 when Keaton Jennings came out for a second bat of the innings - you […]
- Sai Praneeth focused on staying fit after victorious PBL campaign with Bengaluru Raptors
B. Sai Praneeth, One of India’s leading shuttlers, believes that his performance in the just-concluded Premier Badminton League (PBL) for the victorious Bengaluru Raptors - winning six of […]
- Hashim Amla steadies South Africa after early wickets Tea South Africa 262 and 25 for 1 (Markram 17*, Amla 1*) lead Pakistan 185 (Sarfraz 50, Olivier 5-51) by 102 runsThere was no mistaking the potency of South Africa's pace attack, even if […]
- Nasser Al-Attiyah, Ricky Brabec lead Dakar Rally after stage 4 LIMA, Peru -- Driver Nasser Al-Attiyah and rider Ricky Brabec dominated the fourth stage of the Dakar Rally on Thursday to lead their categories overall.Al-Attiyah strengthened his lead to […]
- Premier Badminton League – Sameer Verma sets sights on top 5 after breakthrough 2018 December 15, 2018. It's the first semifinal of the World Tour Finals. After a rapid exchange of drop shots at the net (serve-drop-drop-net), World No. 12 Sameer Verma has a match point […]