PITTSFORD, N.Y. — Buffalo Bills quarterbacks AJ McCarron and Nathan Peterman both appeared to be banged up late in Sunday’s practice.
McCarron was seen limping after a play during an 11-on-11 drill ended in what would have been a sack. The play was whistled dead because defenders are not allowed to make contact with quarterbacks during practice.
Athletic trainers examined McCarron’s lower right leg before he returned to participate in another 11-on-11 drill later in practice. McCarron again spoke to a trainer after that drill, slamming his helmet down in apparent frustration.
Peterman appeared to be hurt on his final play during a live-action drill at the goal line to end practice. After being tripped while attempting a handoff and falling on his right arm, Peterman spoke to trainers and later was seen testing his throwing arm.
Peterman, who started the Bills’ preseason opener Thursday, led the first-team offense Sunday as part of a rotation between him and McCarron, who led the first-team offense in practice Friday. Rookie Josh Allen also saw occasional practice time Sunday with the first and second teams.
The Bills return to practice Monday in advance of their next preseason game, Friday against the Cleveland Browns. Coach Sean McDermott declined Sunday to name a starting quarterback for that game.
More from my site
- LeSean McCoy of Buffalo Bills sued by Delicia Cordon over July home invasion, attack Delicia Cordon, the ex-girlfriend of Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy, filed a personal injury lawsuit Friday against McCoy and his former University of Pittsburgh teammate Tamarcus […]
- Odell Beckham Jr. of New York Giants impresses in joint practice with Detroit Lions ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Odell Beckham Jr. show is back. It was on full display Tuesday against the Detroit Lions in his first live action against anyone other than his teammates.The New […]
- San Jose State football: Observations from early practice Coach Brent Brennan held court on the San Jose State practice fields for the first official scrimmage of the 2018 fall season Saturday.
The sidelines were filled with family, friends, […]
- Tempers flare as Washington Redskins, New York Jets hold joint practice RICHMOND, Va. -- A joint practice between the Washington Redskins and New York Jets that grew chippy Sunday ended up in what players said was a predictable turn, with a melee along the […]
- Elliott spins in final practice at Michigan Chase Elliott goes for a spin off of Turn 4 during final practice at Michigan International Speedway.
- NASCAR penalizes seven Cup teams practice time at Michigan Six teams will be docked practice time in Saturday’s first practice session, and one team will lose time in the final practice session at Michigan International Speedway, NASCAR […]
- Stefon Diggs, Xavier Rhodes return to practice for Minnesota Vikings after benching EAGAN, Minn. -- Stefon Diggs and Xavier Rhodes, both preaching "family first" but saying their competitive nature got the best of them, returned to practice Thursday after getting benched […]
- Grades for Jeff Skinner trade between Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Hurricanes Aug 2, 2018Greg WyshynskiESPN FacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailThe deal:Buffalo Sabres get: LW Jeff SkinnerCarolina Hurricanes get: RW/C Cliff Pu, 2019 second-round pick, […]
- Jeff Skinner of Carolina Hurricanes traded to Buffalo Sabres BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Sabres general manager Jason Botterill continued fulfilling an offseason objective to shake up a team that finished last for the third time in five years, […]
- Rikako Ikee, Miho Teramura Break Meet Records On Third Morning at Pan Pacific Swimming Championships
Photo Courtesy: Peter H. BickEditorial content for the 2018 Pan Pacific Championship coverage is sponsored by TritonWear. Visit TritonWear.com for more information on our sponsor. […]