by Simon Daish
Four different nations will be represented in the semi-finals of the Men’s Singles competition: Nigeria, Thailand, Scotland and France.
With the backing of the home crowd Quadri Aruna will be hoping for a strong performance when he meets Supanut Wisutmaythangkoon in the top half of the draw while the other semi-final tie pits Gavin Rumgay against Antoine Hachard – a new name will be added to the list of Nigeria Open Men’s Singles winners, but who will the honour fall to?
While the identity of the Women’s Singles Champion is yet to be determined, one fact that has already been set in stone is that the title will be presented to China with all four of the event’s semi-finalists representing the country.
The first semi-final encounter sees Wei Wensheng do battle with Guo Yan before Sun Chen and Fan Siqi take to the table in the other penultimate round fixture. China has never been represented in an ITTF Challenge Series Women’s Singles final, that statistic is set to change but which of the country’s players will leave with the prize?
Fan Siqi and Guo Yan will partner up later in the day for the Women’s Doubles final where they will meet Sun Chen and Qi Fenjie while the Men’s Doubles sees the French duo of Alexandre Robinot and Joe Seyfried take on Hungary’s Tamas Lakatos and Finland’s Benedek Olah.
More from my site
- Preview Day Two: Action to intensify in Lagos as penultimate day arrives
Local table tennis fans in Lagos were treated to a fantastic opening day of action at the 2018 ITTF Challenge Seamaster Nigeria Open and there's more to look forward to on […]
- Preview Day One: Qualification secured but major test on the horizon
by Simon Daish
Successfully moving through the qualification stage, but the host nation’s Agnes Onoja has a huge task ahead of her in the opening round of the Women’s Singles […]
- Dacres and Little the standout performers on final day of NACAC Championships| News Jamaica’s Fedrick Dacres and USA’s Shamier Little produced superlative performances on Sunday (12), the final day of the third NACAC Championships, a competition that saw 27 records set or […]
- FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 Grand Final reaches record global audience
FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 achieved a record global audience
29m views across online platforms during three-day event
400 per cent increase from last year's finals
- US beats Japan 7-6 in final of softball world championship AP
Published 6:01 a.m. ET Aug. 12, 2018 | Updated 11:41 a.m. ET Aug. 12, 2018Japan's pitcher Yukiko Ueno, in white jersey, reacts to a walk-off loss as U.S. team members, in […]
- Guo Yan wins thrilling final, adds second title to collection
Successful the previous day when she beat colleague, Fan Siqi to win the Under 21 Women’s Singles title, one day later, Guo Yan, in another all Chinese final, reserved the […]
- Duke Recruiting: A Look At Nico Mannion’s Final Four
Here’s a look at Nico Mannion’s final four schools and where he might fit with each.
He’s seen as a heavy Arizona lean, but Arizona’s situation with the FBI and NCAA is still not […]
- Stephens, Halep set for Roland Garros final rematch in Montreal "Once I get on a good run at a tournament, I'm pretty consistent, pretty solid," she said after the 6-3, 6-3 win. "I just try to keep playing, keep competing, fight hard. Once you get to […]
- Barty, Schuurs power into Montreal doubles final MONTREAL, Canada - Ashleigh Barty and Demi Schuurs are through to their second final together as a pair, seeing off the No.7 seeds Nicole Melichar and Kveta Peschke in straight sets at the […]
- Halep se impone a Barty para llegar a su tercera final en Canadá Enfrentándose contra la australiana de 22 años por primera vez en su carreras, Halep ganó cuatro de los primeros cinco juegos del encuentro, y rompió a Barty dos veces. Sin embargo, la […]