New York Jets linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis has been suspended one game for a violation of the league’s policy on substances of abuse.
Pierre-Louis was arrested in January as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs and charged with several misdemeanors, including marijuana possession.
In March, shortly after signing with the Jets, Pierre-Louis reached a plea deal in Johnson County, Kansas. The marijuana charge will be dropped if he successfully completes a one-year probationary period.
Pierre-Louis signed a two-year, $5.25 million contact with the Jets, including a $2.5 million guarantee. The Jets envision him as a backup and special-teams contributor. He didn’t play in Friday night’s preseason opener because of an undisclosed injury.
He joins cornerback Rashard Robinson and wide receiver ArDarius Stewart as players who will begin the season on the suspended list. Wide receiver Robby Anderson and linebacker Dylan Donahue also face potential suspensions for the upcoming season.
More from my site
- Jaguars’ Jalen Ramsey, Dante Fowler each suspended for 1 week for violating team rules JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars have suspended cornerback Jalen Ramsey and defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. for a week because of Fowler's involvement in a post-practice […]
- Jose Urena of Miami Marlins suspended 6 games for hitting Ronald Acuna with pitch Marlins starting pitcher Jose Urena has been suspended for six games and fined an undisclosed amount for intentionally hitting Atlanta Braves rookie Ronald Acuna Jr. on Wednesday night, […]
- St. Louis Cardinals’ Matt Carpenter hit by pitch, leaves game ST. LOUIS -- Cardinals first baseman Matt Carpenter left Wednesday night's game against the Washington Nationals after being hit on the right hand by a pitch from Matt Grace in the seventh […]
- NASCAR updates tire transfer policy NASCAR has issued an update to its rulebook regarding the transfer of tires between teams during a race.New tires may now be transferred between teams twice in a given race, but only if […]
- Former flyweight champ Johnson (knee) medically suspended Former UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson was indefinitely suspended by the California State Athletic Commission on Tuesday after reporting a knee injury.The news means Johnson -- […]
- St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez to work out of bullpen if and when he returns from the disabled list The St. Louis Cardinals plan to use Carlos Martinez out of the bullpen if the injury-plagued ace returns from the disabled list this season.Martinez, who is working his way back from a […]
- Anderson Silva ‘Absolutely’ Interested in Fighting Georges St-Pierre A fight between Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre has been talked about since 2011, when Silva reigned over the middleweight division and St-Pierre ruled the 170-pound weight class. The […]
- NASCAR at Michigan results, standings: Kevin Harvick wins seventh race of the season
Kevin Harvick won his series-leading seventh race of the season Sunday at Michigan International Speedway in […]
- Nothing slows Kevin Harvick down; wins 7th points race of year Kevin Harvick swept both stages and won his series-high seventh points race of the season Sunday at Michigan International Speedway.Harvick’s 44th career Cup win tied him with Bill Elliott […]
- NBA trade news: Kyrie Irving huge claim, Kevin Durant twist, LeBron James Lakers challenge | Other | Sport Kyrie Irving will not be at the Boston Celtics for the entirety of his career and could viably leave to join the New York Knicks next summer.That’s according to former NBA star Dennis […]