The International Tennis Hall of Fame has launched a comprehensive online gallery, displaying their vast fashion collection.
The fascinating digital exhibit, called ‘Courting Fashion’, showcases a range of garments, costumes and footwear from male and female players across this history of the game.
It provides fans of the sport with an opportunity to peruse and learn about the history of tennis fashion in a unique online gallery, spreading back to the start of the 19th century.
From the petticoats, corsets and raised-heel boots of the 1880s to the glamorous Open-era and present-day fashions sported by the likes of Venus Williams and Jelena Jankovic, viewers can take a journey through the annals of the game’s clothing and personal accessories.
Over 300,000 photographs and videos and 25,000 objects have been preserved in the searchable gallery collection, which can be viewed here.
Further digital exhibits are planned for 2019, taking in the history of the sport’s racquets and trophies.
More from my site
- History repeating? Nick Foles could lead another underdog charge – Philadelphia Eagles Blog PHILADELPHIA -- It was at the Los Angeles Coliseum where Nick Foles' incredible ride to becoming Super Bowl MVP began last December. As fate would have it, it's also where a second […]
- Russian Olympic Committee appeals doping court ruling Share This Story!Let friends in your social network know what you are reading aboutRussian Olympic Committee appeals doping court rulingThe Russian Olympic Committee says it's filed an […]
- Barty emocionada por un Sydney International repleto de estrellas SYDNEY, Australia - Ashleigh Barty está a la espera del desafío de encontrarse con Simona Halep, Angelique Kerber y Naomi Osaka en el Sydney International.El torneo, que se llevará a cabo […]
- Billiards sports launched its bid to get on the program of the 2024 Paris Olympic Games
At one of the world’s greatest iconic buildings, the Eiffel Tower, billiards sports launched its bid to get on the program of the 2024 Paris Olympic Games.The Conference […]
- Yankees Court Patrick Corbin, but Keep Their Options Open A baseline for what Corbin is expected to cost his current suitors is most likely the six-year, $126 million contract the Chicago Cubs gave to Yu Darvish last year.The last two years, the […]
- Buffalo Sabres make history with worst-to-first run 12:31 AM ETEmily KaplanESPN The Buffalo Sabres have gone from worst to first, and the rest of the NHL is on notice.With a 3-2 win over the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday night, the Sabres have […]
- Ernie Els unveils new shield for International Presidents Cup team
In addition to naming Geoff Ogilvy as his first assistant, International Presidents Cup captain Ernie Els on Sunday unveiled a new logo for his team to unite […]
- Casey Dellacqua coaching promising youngsters at tennis camp MELBOURNE, Australia - Recently retired Australian star Casey Dellacqua is helping out at a tennis camp in her homeland, coaching 16 of the next generation's most promising players.Since […]
- International Boxing Hall of Fame – Dan Rafael Each fall, my ballots for the International Boxing Hall of Fame arrive, and the task of voting in the modern boxing category is not all that difficult.In most years, there are usually […]
- Andrew Pagett survives in the stiff competition
Welsh player Andrew Pagett was under threat of losing another match of this championship but timely recovered with a well-crafted break of 65 […]