BOSTON — The Bruins say goaltender Tuukka Rask has been granted a leave of absence from the team for a personal matter.
The team didn’t offer an explanation, but general manager Don Sweeney said shortly after the announcement on Friday that it was not health related. He also asked for privacy on behalf of Rask.
Rask has started only seven of the Bruins’ 15 games this season and acknowledged having been outplayed recently by Jaroslav Halak.
Rask came on in relief in the Bruins’ 8-5 loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday night. Halak was pulled after allowing five goals on 19 shots. Rask allowed three goals on the first eight shots he faced.
Boston, which hosts Toronto on Saturday, has dropped three of its past five games.
More from my site
- Yair Rodriguez eager to leave lasting legacy It is easy to forget that those fighters we see on television with the perfect bodies who are the epitome of toughness and exude confidence are human beings with the same fears, […]
- Knicks Can’t Rush Through Door Celtics Leave Open for Them Jayson Tatum had 24 points and 14 rebounds, and the Boston Celtics withstood his careless foul with 1.9 seconds left to beat the Knicks, 103-101, on Saturday night at Madison Square […]
- CEO Derek Bouchard-Hall to leave USA Cycling at year’s end AP
Published 3:17 p.m. ET Oct. 19, 2018 | Updated 4:37 p.m. ET Oct. 19, 2018USA Cycling is once again on the hunt for another chief executive.It's in a decidedly better place […]
- Mets Introduce Brodie Van Wagenen, Their New G.M. (and a Recovering Agent) “I want them to be involved,” Van Wagenen said. “The truth of the matter is, if they’re not, that’s bad ownership.”Wilpon first broached the idea of Van Wagenen as a possible general […]
- New Eye-Opening Ad Highlights Pay Inequity Between WNBA, NBA A new advertisement released by investment adviser Wealthsimple on Tuesday addresses pay inequity in the WNBA.The video portrays two young children, a boy and a girl, who proceed to […]
- With his own academy and a win over idol Lin Dan, Subhankar Dey ticks off one dream at a time The baroque city of Saarbrucken on the Western edge of Germany features a smattering of Indian players this week. Most of them trudging through the rough end of wins, points and rankings. […]
- No. 1 Irish start slow, finish fast in beating Penn 75-55 SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) -- Muffet McGraw doesn't think Notre Dame is enduring a hangover from its 2018 NCAA championship. She thinks the top-ranked Irish have lots of problems to deal […]
- Kentucky Camp Focusing Early On Duke
Here’s an early look at the Duke-Kentucky matchup coming a week from Tuesday. While we always say that we don’t bet against Duke, at this point, Kentucky probably has a number of […]
- Raising the roof on 2020 Tokyo Olympics gymnastics venue AP
Published 12:29 a.m. ET Nov. 7, 2018 | Updated 2:34 a.m. ET Nov. 7, 2018The main wooden roof section for the Olympic Gymnastic Centre in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and […]
- How the Red Sox Won World Series Game 5, Inning by Inning The Boston Red Sox lost their first game of the regular season. After that, nearly everything went their way.They were the best team in baseball throughout the regular season and they […]