Last updated Aug. 17.
The table below breaks down all 31 NHL goalie depth charts in terms of starter status. Teams are listed in alphabetical order.
“STARTER” refers to each team’s No. 1 goaltender. Some teams have split starting duties, in which the starters are in “TIME-SHARE” arrangements. “BACKUP” refers to each team’s No. 2 goaltender. “INJURED” is a goaltender who is expected to miss time with an injury.
More from my site
- OU football: Sooners release first depth chart ahead of season opener | Sports
The Sooners released their first depth chart of the season Thursday, just days before the […]
- Fantasy NHL – 2018-19 fantasy hockey draft kit with rankings, strategy and more The fantasy hockey season is here, but you won't want to go into your draft without prepping. Make sure you are ready to go with our best preseason content.Be sure to sign up to play […]
- Fantasy NHL – Overvalued players in fantasy hockey for the 2018-19 season The ESPN top-300 rankings for fantasy hockey were released in early August and, like them or lump them, those rankings will be front and center for fantasy hockey manager in the ESPN draft […]
- Fantasy hockey – Dynasty league rankings for the 2018-19 NHL season A lot has changed since the last dynasty league list was published way back on April 5. Despite just a handful of regular-season games taking place in between, we've seen the NHL playoffs, […]
- Fantasy NHL – Previewing the Eastern Conference for fantasy hockey, team by team The NHL season is rapidly approaching. To get you back in the right frame of mind and up to speed, here's a quick look at every team in the Eastern Conference through a fantasy […]
- Fantasy NHL – Previewing the Western Conference for fantasy hockey, team by team It's been a long summer. Need a quick overview of what you need to know about every Western Conference team as the NHL season comes into view? We got you covered.Central DivisionChicago […]
- 2018 Stanley Cup Final – How Washington Capitals goalie Braden Holtby made his incredible save in Game 2 1:15 AM ETBen ArledgeESPN.com CloseEditor for fantasy, chalk and NHL, as well as a contributing hockey writer. Previously with ESPN The Magazine. Joined ESPN in 2012 after graduating from […]
- Who will the Caps’ backup goalie be next season? Very few teams have the luxury of having a backup goalie they can rely on for an extended period of time while the starter goes through a massive slump. The Capitals had that luxury in […]
- NHL – Oddities and absurdities in outfitting a goalie 9:15 AM ETBen ArledgeESPN.com CloseEditor for fantasy, chalk and NHL, as well as a contributing hockey writer. Previously with ESPN The Magazine. Joined ESPN in 2012 after graduating from […]
- Washington Capitals goalie Braden Holtby’s epic save in Game 2 leaves teammates speechless 1:46 AM ETEmily KaplanESPN LAS VEGAS -- According to Washington Capitals coach Barry Trotz, the Stanley Cup Final is tied 1-1 thanks to a supernatural force from above -- one that took the […]