Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee and is out indefinitely.
Quick had been on injured reserve with a lower-body injury.
“Injuries do happen and not sure there’s anything in particular you can point to in this situation,” coach John Stevens said Tuesday, according to NHL.com. “I think he’s done a good job of really staying on top of everything, his preventative maintenance, his daily routines, so these things happen sometimes and you have to deal with them.”
Jack Campbell has been between the pipes in Quick’s absence, going 3-4-0 with a 2.72 goals-against average and .912 save percentage.
Quick, 33, in his 12th season in the league, appeared in four games and had an 0-3-1 record with a 4.55 goals-against average and .845 save percentage.
His troubles echo the fate of the Kings in general who are last in the Western Conference with a 3-7-1 record.
More from my site
- France reflect on cruel defeat after Springboks pounce in Paris PARIS: French hopes of posting a morale-boosting win in the build-up to next year's World Cup were dashed in a dramatic finish to Saturday's test against South Africa, much to the bitter […]
- Minnesota Twins’ Joe Mauer to Retire After 15 Seasons MINNEAPOLIS — Joe Mauer is retiring after 15 major league seasons, six All-Star Games, three Gold Glove awards, three batting titles and 2,123 career hits, all with his hometown Minnesota […]
- Joe Mauer to retire after 15 seasons with Minnesota Twins Joe Mauer, the 2009 American League MVP who has spent all 15 seasons of his major league career with the Minnesota Twins, announced his retirement Friday.Mauer made his announcement in a […]
- Joe Root praises England’s game awareness after memorable Galle victory Joe Root, England's captain, praised his side's adaptability and game awareness, after they ended a run of 13 overseas winless Tests by sealing a memorable 211-run victory over Sri Lanka […]
- England take grip after Keaton Jennings comes good Sri Lanka 203 and 15 for 0 (Silva 8*, Karunaratne 7*) need a further 447 to beat England 342 and 322 for 6 dec (Jennings 146*, Stokes 62)Live scorecard and ball-by-ball details On the […]
- Yankees’ Gary Sanchez to Have Shoulder Surgery CARLSBAD, Calif. — Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez will have surgery next week to remove tissue from his left shoulder but is expected to be ready for opening day, General Manager Brian […]
- After an offseason it would like to forget, Kansas looks like it could be heading for a season to remember
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Kansas basketball program took a reputation-hit last month via the federal trial […]
- Thidapa Suwannapura leads Blue Bay LPGA after 68 HAINAN ISLAND, China -- Two golfers from Thailand were at the top of the leaderboard after Wednesday's first round of the Blue Bay LPGA tournament.Thidapa Suwannapura shot a 4-under 68 to […]
- Ahmed Shehzad’s ban extended by six weeks after violation The PCB has extended Ahmed Shehzad's ban by six weeks after the batsman was found guilty of breaching the ruling on his four-month suspension. His original ban was supposed to end on […]
- India storm to series win after Ravindra Jadeja four-for India 105 for 1 (Rohit 63*, Kohli 33*) beat West Indies 104 (Holder 25, Samuels 24, Jadeja 4-34, Bumrah 2-11, Khaleel 2-29) by nine wicketsThe India fielders share a laugh after a […]