VISTA, Calif. — Famed former jockey Patrick Valenzuela has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence for slapping his girlfriend at a Southern California restaurant.
The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that the seven-time Breeders Cup winner entered the plea earlier this week, was fined nearly $900 and ordered to take domestic violence recovery classes.
Prosecutors say Valenzuela slapped his girlfriend last month for hugging a bartender at a Carlsbad restaurant.
Valenzuela told the Union-Tribune by phone Friday that he is “very saddened” by the situation and added: “I will continue to strive to be the best person I can be.”
Valenzuela had more than 4,300 winning races, including the 1989 Kentucky Derby and Preakness. He has struggled with drug and alcohol abuse and lost his California racing license. He last raced in 2016.
More from my site
- A Bat Dies, and a Half-Dozen Chopsticks Are Born At the time, broken bats were mostly given away or burned in barrels to keep players warm during spring training, Mr. Minatoya said. The bats-into-chopsticks idea, he said through an […]
- Draymond Green of Golden State Warriors wants to win Defensive Player of the Year OAKLAND, Calif. -- Draymond Green wants to win another Defensive Player of the Year award and admits that it is a big goal of his this season."I need that," Green said Wednesday night […]
- Philander shows his all-round value on return Results summaryCape Cobras have already racked up more wins in the opening rounds of this year's 4-day competition than they did throughout last year's competition and they solidified […]
- Brad Ausmus ready to embrace analytics with Los Angeles Angels ANAHEIM, Calif. -- During 18 major league seasons as a catcher and four more as a manager, Brad Ausmus developed a strong gut instinct about nearly everything that happens on a baseball […]
- Kentucky center Harrison out indefinitely for health reasons LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- Kentucky coach Matthew Mitchell says center Dorie Harrison will be out indefinitely for unspecified personal health reasons.Mitchell said in a release Monday that […]
- T10 cricket League incurs PSL wrath over ‘encroachment’ in Pakistan Several PSL franchises have embarked on a warpath with the UAE-based T10 league, writing a letter to the PCB chairman Ehsan Mani to express alarm at the encroachment of the T10 league into […]
- The USA captain who captained Mike Brearley 6:54 PM ETPeter Della PennaCricket ClosePeter Della Penna is an American cricket journalist who also writes for ESPNcricinfo.com and DreamCricket.com. Since 2010, he has penned the USA […]
- Golden State’s Klay Thompson Sets 3-Pointer Record in Blowout Win It was only a matter of time before Klay Thompson would get hot. The (other) sharpshooting guard of the Golden State Warriors, Thompson ended his season-long slump in a huge way, setting […]
- FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Uruguay 2018 – News – Bareman: You can feel football in the air in Uruguay
FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 2018
© Getty Images
- Miller-Dinu card finalized and moved to Kansas NEW YORK -- Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has always loved the idea of taking the shows he is promoting in the United States as part of his long-term deal with new sports steaming […]